• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PERSUADERS Region 2 anydvd is unable to crack all the CSS keys

outerlimits_2001

My region 1
DVD Region is 2 UK DVDs

Changed the region of my DVD player to region 2

I get the following error:

anydvd is unable to crack all the CSS keys on this disc

Disc playback ranges from distorted to nothing but sound breaking up.

My region 1
DVD Region is 2 UK DVDs

Sorry I forgot the log files

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_persuaders disc 7.ziplog
    145 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_persuaders disc 8.ziplog
    115.6 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_The Persuaders D6 Special Features.ziplog
    148.1 KB · Views: 1
My region 1
DVD Region is 2 UK DVDs

Your drive is set to Region 1 according to your log. The disc is in PAL format. Are you sure the playback device you are using is capable of PAL? Normally, US DVD players cannot read PAL, they are NTSC.
Remember that to change the drive region, AnyDVD must be closed. Also, the drive region can only be changed 5 times before it is locked. If you are going to do Region 2 discs regularly, you might want to get a second drive and set it to Region 2, so you don't have to change it. You should be able to play it from your computer drive with no problem.
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.1.0, BDPHash.bin 17-07-03)
ATAPI IHAS324Y BL1W JAN07,2009
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1970320 sectors (3848 MBytes)
Total size: 3791456 sectors (7405 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVDVolume
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2!
Video Standard: PAL

Last edited:
Your drive is set to Region 1 according to your log. The disc is in PAL format. Are you sure the playback device you are using is capable of PAL? Normally, US DVD players cannot read PAL, they are NTSC.
Remember that to change the drive region, AnyDVD must be closed. Also, the drive region can only be changed 5 times before it is locked. If you are going to do Region 2 discs regularly, you might want to get a second drive and set it to Region 2, so you don't have to change it. You should be able to play it from your computer drive with no problem.
Pal only affects playback. He's getting a decryption CSS problem message from AnyDVD. That's because of the region difference. With a different region AnyDVD has to apply a brute force cracking method to the CSS. While this is mostly successful, in this case it seems to fail.

@op if you have CloneDVD2 see if you can make a backup of the important stuff. With some luck the problematic titles are in the trailer crap.

That said if you are successful, that does not mean any playback issues will be fixed too.

As mmdavis says, us players are usually incapable of playing pal content. In that case you will need to convert the content.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Attached new logs with the DVD drive set to region 2. I create iso files and move them to my server. I using various streaming devices that can play NTSC & PAL. I have made many region 2 & 4 purchases and have not had any problems with playback. With these DVD's the menu's are distorted and playback along with audio is distorted.

I need a resolution to the encryption not be decoded.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_persuaders disc 7.ziplog
    145 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_persuaders disc 8.ziplog
    113.8 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_The Persuaders D6 Special Features.ziplog
    148 KB · Views: 0
Attached new logs with the DVD drive set to region 2.
Your driver is set to region 1:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

EXIT AnyDVD and try again to set the drive region. Or ignore the warning.

Back