• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LG WH16NS60 Ultra HD Blu-Ray drive

004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG I'm a Pioneer guy myself, But the LG WH16NS60 is a nice drive. I have two of them. One mounted inside my tower and the other I had to experiment at my friends shop which USB external case and chip set would work well running it on USB 3.O, If you use the NexStar DX USB 3.0 enclosure Model NST-536S3-BK. There is no difference in performance. Plus this USB case is heavy duty aluminum and no cheap shit plastic. Results using USB 2.0 can't answer that as I don't use it. Both rip Blu-Ray @ 30 MB/s with ease.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 39688 View attachment 39689 View attachment 39690 I'm a Pioneer guy myself, But the LG WH16NS60 is a nice drive. I have two of them. One mounted inside my tower and the other I had to experiment at my friends shop which USB external case and chip set would work well running it on USB 3.O, If you use the NexStar DX USB 3.0 enclosure Model NST-536S3-BK. There is no difference in performance. Plus this USB case is heavy duty aluminum and no cheap shit plastic. Results using USB 2.0 can't answer that as I don't use it. Both rip Blu-Ray @ 30 MB/s with ease.

Why does it have the Ultra HD Blu-Ray logo if it doesn't support AACS 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the WH16NS60 LG for my internal PC and while it burned DVD's, and 25gb Verbatim BR, it is not burning 50gb white Verbatims that burned fine on my old PC and much older LG Br drives on that.

This is what is not working: https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-Blu...3819&sr=8-3&keywords=50gb+blu-ray+discs+blank

Any suggestions why so far I have 3 out of 3 50gb coasters , yet DVD and 25 gig burned fine.

Thanks.

I have the WH16NS60 LG for my internal PC and while it burned DVD's, and 25gb Verbatim BR, it is not burning 50gb white Verbatims that burned fine on my old PC and much older LG Br drives on that.

This is what is not working: https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-Blu...3819&sr=8-3&keywords=50gb+blu-ray+discs+blank

Any suggestions why so far I have 3 out of 3 50gb coasters , yet DVD and 25 gig burned fine.

Thanks.

It could be the laser and it could be something as simple as the program you're using to burn to your media. Even though it burns DVD and 25gb BR. It could be filters and I can go on. It can be more then a few things. The drive has good buffer cache so tell some more info. If you OC your computer it can affect more than you would think also. There is to many unanswered questions.

No pun intended, Your not using Fabs burning engine are you :(

I would suggest or maybe you are already using ImgBurn. If not let me know what your using. Giving more nfo will be helpful. I have 2 of these drives but I never burned a disc because I rip movies in full for server play or on HDD in full using Oppo hardware.

Verbatim is fine, But there not all CREATED equal. It depends WHO made them. And speed does matter.

I edited this message, Those discs you purchased from Amazon are junk. What's the ID on these discs?.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the coaster it half burned:

HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 1.02 (SATA)
Current Profile: BD-ROM

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Empty
Erasable: No
MID: VERBAT-IMd-000
Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x

BD Disc Information (L0):
Disc ID: VERBAT-IMd-000
Disc Type: BD-R
Disc Size: 120 mm
Disc Class: 0
Disc Version: 1
Number of Layers: 2
Layer Type: Writable
DVD Layer Present: No
CD Layer Present: No
Channel Bit Length: 74.50 nm (25 GB Per Layer)
Push-Pull Polarity: Positive
Recorded Mark Polarity: HTL
BCA Present: Yes
Maximum Transfer Rate: Not Specified
First PAA of Data Zone: 131,072
Last PAA of Data Zone: 1,658,494

BD Disc Information (L1):
Disc ID: VERBAT-IMd-000
Disc Type: BD-R
Disc Size: 120 mm
Disc Class: 0
Disc Version: 1
Number of Layers: 2
Layer Type: Writable
DVD Layer Present: No
CD Layer Present: No
Channel Bit Length: 74.50 nm (25 GB Per Layer)
Push-Pull Polarity: Positive
Recorded Mark Polarity: HTL
BCA Present: Yes
Maximum Transfer Rate: Not Specified
First PAA of Data Zone: 2,535,808
Last PAA of Data Zone: 4,063,230

Performance (Write Speed):
Descriptor 1...
-> B0: 0x00, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00
-> EL: 24438783 (0x0174E7FF)
-> RS: 35,968 KB/s (8x) - WS: 17,984 KB/s (4x)
Descriptor 2...
-> B0: 0x08, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00
-> RS: 35,968 KB/s (8x) - WS: 26,976 KB/s (6x)
Descriptor 3...
-> B0: 0x08, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00
-> RS: 35,968 KB/s (8x) - WS: 35,968 KB/s (8x)

You said the drive was a WH16NS60 which is a UHD drive

You didn't answer anything I asked

Yes it is. It is in my desktop. And?

The media used is this:

50gig

25 gigs work however. Weird.

Yes it is. It is in my desktop. And?

The media used is this:

50gig

25 gigs work however. Weird.

why does it say HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 1.02 (SATA) ?

This is the coaster it half burned:

Current Profile: BD-ROM

What are you using for burner software?

It's not good to use a UHD drive like the WH16NS60 because they can't be used to play 4K UHD Blu-Ray discs using the leaked AACS 2.0 keys. The best way to play now is to stick the list of keys into RedFox's AnyDVD HD, but this only works with UHD Friendly drives, i.e. the older models.

It's not good to use a UHD drive like the WH16NS60 because they can't be used to play 4K UHD Blu-Ray discs using the leaked AACS 2.0 keys. The best way to play now is to stick the list of keys into RedFox's AnyDVD HD, but this only works with UHD Friendly drives, i.e. the older models.
If you get ver 1.00 would that be considered? Found this online but not sure if it is true " LG WH16NS60 - 1.00 is good, N1.01 is bad to be user Friendly"

False, the NS60 is a certified UHD drive. It's unfriendly, period. Unless you manage to make it friendly with modified firmware from like @TeddyRaspin on these boards.

Back