• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD friendly drive extremely slow ripping UHD disks

Jamie

I decided to move this to a separate thread.

I have an lg BE16NU50 drive. It rips blurays at 24 mb/s, but it only rips UHD disk at .5 mb/s. I received a uhdkeys.txt file from this forum and someone else pm me with a file too. I don't know if it's the drive, the fact that my Mad Max fury road disk is looking for a different key than the one in the file, or a bad disk. The firmware is 1.01 and I haven't touched the firmware at all.

Here is the log file. Hopefully someone can advise me on how to proceed.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.2_Info_H_MAD_MAX_FURY_ROAD.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
I decided to move this to a separate thread.

I have an lg BE16NU50 drive. It rips blurays at 24 mb/s, but it only rips UHD disk at .5 mb/s. I received a uhdkeys.txt file from this forum and someone else pm me with a file too. I don't know if it's the drive, the fact that my Mad Max fury road disk is looking for a different key than the one in the file, or a bad disk. The firmware is 1.01 and I haven't touched the firmware at all.

Here is the log file. Hopefully someone can advise me on how to proceed.

If AnyDVD says "Removed AACS copy protection!" it means it. (Hello, DeUHD!)
A key to the hash value Hash: 0xCCCB45CD7C28CF989AC2EF42DCE395158F75A86E has been found, title keys are calculated and - best of all - they are verified. This means the key *is* correct. You can verify this works by modifing the keyfile. Change a digit from the hash, change a digit from the key, AnyDVD will tell you what is wrong and you will see a nice message box.
That said, I have no idea why your drive is so slow. My guess is a dirty and / or defective disc and / or drive. Maybe the drive needs many retries to "peel" the data off the disc. And retries are slow. Very slow.
Check for an invisible film on the disc surface. Try AnyDVD 8.2.1.3, it might be a little faster.

EDIT: And you have strange drivers running.
Callback file system driver? Sounds scary. Vpnpbus.sys?
And of course tons of snakeoil "Anti-something" drivers. 4 from malewarebytes. Another probably from malewarebytes. 11(!) from Symantec. 16 anti-something kernel drivers, I believe you're lucky, that your machine still runs at all.

Last edited:
If AnyDVD says "Removed AACS copy protection!" it means it. (Hello, DeUHD!)
A key to the hash value Hash: 0xCCCB45CD7C28CF989AC2EF42DCE395158F75A86E has been found, title keys are calculated and - best of all - they are verified. This means the key *is* correct. You can verify this works by modifing the keyfile. Change a digit from the hash, change a digit from the key, AnyDVD will tell you what is wrong and you will see a nice message box.
That said, I have no idea why your drive is so slow. My guess is a dirty and / or defective disc and / or drive. Maybe the drive needs many retries to "peel" the data off the disc. And retries are slow. Very slow.
Check for an invisible film on the disc surface. Try AnyDVD 8.2.1.3, it might be a little faster.

EDIT: And you have strange drivers running.
Callback file system driver? Sounds scary. Vpnpbus.sys?
And of course tons of snakeoil "Anti-something" drivers. 4 from malewarebytes. Another probably from malewarebytes. 11(!) from Symantec. 16 anti-something kernel drivers, I believe you're lucky, that your machine still runs at all.

Thanks, James. Seeing that a regular Bluray disk rips at 23 - 24 MB/s, does that most likely mean the UHD disk is defective and not the drive? I removed the Vpnpbus.sys driver. I was not aware of it. I may have to do a clean install of my machine to cleanup these things.

I installed AnyDVD 8.2.1.3 and removed Norton 360. I rebooted and then I also shutdown Malwarebytes during the rip. I am still getting .5 mb/s on the UHD disk rip.

Last edited:
Thanks, James. Seeing that a regular Bluray disk rips at 23 - 24 MB/s, does that most likely mean the UHD disk is defective and not the drive? I removed the Vpnpbus.sys driver. I was not aware of it. I may have to do a clean install of my machine to cleanup these things.

I installed AnyDVD 8.2.1.3 and removed Norton 360. I rebooted and then I also shutdown Malwarebytes during the rip. I am still getting .5 mb/s on the UHD disk rip.
It could be the drive or the disc. You should check for an ivisible oil film on the disc surface.

It could be the drive or the disc. You should check for an ivisible oil film on the disc surface.
It appears to be the drive. I received an Asus drive today and it ripped the disk successfully at 24 mb/s. I had another UHD disk from walmart, but the key was not on file

@Jamie

At which Asus drive you're referring to and which firmware ?

If you have Asus BW-16D1HT 3.01 firmware, a dump would be a great thing you can do. :)

@Jamie

At which Asus drive you're referring to and which firmware ?

If you have Asus BW-16D1HT 3.01 firmware, a dump would be a great thing you can do. :)
I am not going to play around with the drive. I am happy with the asus BW-16D1HT and amazon has a good return policy.

I asked for a dump because I need a firmware update for my Asus.

You need Devilscraw flasher, which can be found here :

https://github.com/devilsclaw/flasher/releases

Then, open an elevated command prompt and type :

flasher -D (to display drive and drive ID)

and then

flasher -d [drive id] -l firmware.bin 6 00000000 00200000

and it should dump the current (3.0.1) firmware of your device.

It's a very fast and easy operation and if you do it for me it will be a very great help. It has nothing to do with warranty. Saving firmware is a legal operation.

I'm only asking help, nothing more. :)

I asked for a dump because I need a firmware update for my Asus.

You need Devilscraw flasher, which can be found here :

https://github.com/devilsclaw/flasher/releases

Then, open an elevated command prompt and type :

flasher -D (to display drive and drive ID)

and then

flasher -d [drive id] -l firmware.bin 6 00000000 00200000

and it should dump the current (3.0.1) firmware of your device.

It's a very fast and easy operation and if you do it for me it will be a very great help. It has nothing to do with warranty. Saving firmware is a legal operation.

I'm only asking help, nothing more. :)

what does the -l do?

Now that ended quickly! ;)

3.00 firmware is from 2015, Even if your drive was manufactured in 2016/17

99.9% of the time the drive must be manufactured on or after 04/17

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Asus BW-16D1HT drive and 3.01 firmware.

Anyone still wanting or needing it?

If so link me instructions on how to pull it off for you. I saw the devilsclaw stuff but no info on the site as to what the switch -1 actually does.

Last edited:
DrinkLyeAndDie was looking for an official 3.01 flasher from ASUS - if that exists at all.

P.S.: and could some mod please set my Forums settings back to normal ?

I think @DrinkLyeAndDie wants that firmware

I was looking for the official unmodified flasher like the 3.02 firmware flasher from ASUS' website. It would seem that 3.01 was an internal firmware in that it seems to only have shipped on [some] drives rather than there being a flasher to upgrade from 3.00 to 3.01 released to the public. They jumped right to 3.02.

I already have that firmware. He only needs to ask for it.

I grabbed the BIN file and a modified flasher somewhere at some point so I have the firmware, itself. I'd prefer an official unmodified flasher but I don't believe it even exists publicly.

DrinkLyeAndDie was looking for an official 3.01 flasher from ASUS - if that exists at all.

Correct. :)

I think I just want to update my Asus firmware from 3.00 to 3.02, thats it. I assume there is an Asus flasher that will do this in Windows without using DOS

There is, in the proper sticky in the CD/DVD/BD drives section. That's beyond the scope of this topic ;)

Back