• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 & UHD Discs

ryley

Hi, I've bought a Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 and whilst it is working well with regular Blurays, my test UHD disc (Labyrinth) is not decrypting. I can browse the contents of the disc and according to another UHD decryption package, this drive should be capable of decrypting UHD discs. The same UHD disc is properly decrypted by AnyDVD with my BH16NS55.

I've attached the log, but the main gist seems to be:

Total size: 28582400 sectors (55825 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Labyrinth (1986)
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.2_Info_K_Labyrinth (1986).ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
The drive is AnyDVD isn't. UHD support is currently limited to the titles who've had their decryption keys leaked. IF it's not on that list you're out of luck, for the moment

The drive is AnyDVD isn't. UHD support is currently limited to the titles who've had their decryption keys leaked. IF it's not on that list you're out of luck, for the moment

Thanks for the reply. My disc is supported by AnyDVD with the publicly available key file, that is why I can rip the disc with my BH16NS55. Its when I try to rip the same disc (as a test) with the Buffalo drive that I get the bus encryption error message. Sorry for being unclear.

Hmm, looked it up. That looks like one of those licensed real UHD drives (not the "uhd friendly" kind). Which means in order to decrypt UHD discs in such a drive, a valid AACS 2.0 host certificate is required. Such a certificate isn't available yet, thus AnyDVD fails. That the drive supports bus encryption and your disc wants it has nothing to do with it. the NS55 supports bus encryption too and anydvd can handle that just fine.

Hmm, looked it up. That looks like one of those licensed real UHD drives (not the "uhd friendly" kind). Which means in order to decrypt UHD discs in such a drive, a valid AACS 2.0 host certificate is required. Such a certificate isn't available yet, thus AnyDVD fails.

Thanks for the suggestion. As a test, I just tried DeUHD in VirtualBox with the Buffalo drive passed through USB. Whilst Labyrinth isn't supported by DeUHD, my other disc (Deadpool) is supported. With DeUHD, my Buffalo drive was able to open, access and decrypt the UHD Deadpool disc without any issues. Is this to be expected? I also tried AnyDVD in VirtualBox to see if my host machine may have an issue, but it still had the bus encryption error (with Labyrinth - my Deadpool doesn't have a public key at the moment).

I just tested the Buffalo drive with 8.2.1.3 and the bus encryption error remains.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.3_Info_K_Labyrinth (1986).ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
Bus encryption isn't an error. It's a technology used by disc and drive to create a secure data transmission channel. Just because you have a title that's on the list by name, doesn't mean it's the same release version. Titles come in multiple versions per region. If yours isn't EXACTLY the same as the one who's key has been leaked it won't work. and even then it won't work with THAT drive. That's an UHD compliant drive. Meaning, as said in my post above, in order to decrypt such titles a valid AACS 2.0 host certificate is needed. Anydvd doesn't have that (yet), and to get one AACS 2.0 needs to be cracked completely, which it isn't.

If yours isn't EXACTLY the same as the one who's key has been leaked it won't work.

The exact same disc works with AnyDVD and my BH16NS55 drive. The disc is supported and the key is available. I have the key for the disc.

Then you need to read my posts again. UHD compliant drive > AACS 2.0 host certificate needed > doesn't exist (yet)

Then you need to read my posts again. UHD compliant drive > AACS 2.0 host certificate needed > doesn't exist (yet)

If that is the case, why can I decrypt UHD discs with DeUHD and my Buffalo drive? Do they have a 2.0 host certificate?

You'll have to ask them. This isn't the DeUHD forum.

You'll have to ask them. This isn't the DeUHD forum.

Sorry, I know this is the AnyDVD forum. Thats why I'm asking for help with AnyDVD. I only mentioned DeUHD because its trial seems to be able to do what you said is not currently possible.

It's very likely they have an AACS 2.0 Certificate, but, we don't know for sure. Given that it works with AACS 2.0 compliant drives, it's more than likely they do. But there isn't one publicly available that AnyDVD can use which is the point. That will likely change at some point in the future but no one knows when that'll be.

It's very likely they have an AACS 2.0 Certificate, but, we don't know for sure. Given that it works with AACS 2.0 compliant drives, it's more than likely they do.

That's interesting. I don't nearly understand the details of AACS, but I would've thought if you had an AACS 2.0 host certificate and the correct VUK you could rip with any UHD capable drive (like the more recent Pioneer models). Which is weird, because DeUHD seems to only support LG and LG re-branded drives.

LG doesn't rebadge drives, it's other brands that rebadge LG ones

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

LG doesn't rebadge drives, it's other brands that rebadge LG ones

Thanks, that was what I meant. I think my Buffalo drive is a re-branded LG laptop drive in a USB enclosure.

That's interesting. I don't nearly understand the details of AACS, but I would've thought if you had an AACS 2.0 host certificate and the correct VUK you could rip with any UHD capable drive (like the more recent Pioneer models). Which is weird, because DeUHD seems to only support LG and LG re-branded drives.
Yea I don't really know all the details of why it works with some drives and not others. Your understanding is what I would have thought as well. Actually thinking about it now it's possible whatever certificate they're using is revoked by the drives that aren't working. That's very likely in fact.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If that is the case, why can I decrypt UHD discs with DeUHD and my Buffalo drive? Do they have a 2.0 host certificate?
No, they used vendor commands to modify AACS2 AGID state in drive memory. Thanks to them these commands are now disabled in newer firmwares, rendering more and more drives useless.

No, they used vendor commands to modify AACS2 AGID state in drive memory. Thanks to them these commands are now disabled in newer firmwares, rendering more and more drives useless.

Lovely....isn't that charming. sigh

Very interesting. And explains, why DeUHD fails with Pioneer drives.

Back