• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Suggestion: Start accepting a cryptocurrency that isn't garbage. Bitcoin is seriously terrible.

VictoriaZ

So I just bought an AnyDVD HD license and much to my dismay the only non-credit card option offered was this slow dinosaur of a cryptocurrency.

It should not take hours for a payment to go through! I sent the payment to the Bitcoin address and it did not arrive until several hours later.

I had perfectly good Litecoin and Ethereum sitting in my wallet, so first I had to exchange one of my technically superior cryptos for this crap coin just to make this purchase, and then I had to wait hours for the purchase to finally confirm.

It would be nice if you offered customers the ability to pay with a crypto that actually works as a currency because pretty much anything is better than Bitcoin at this point -- RaiBlocks takes less than five seconds to send payments and it has no transaction fees. Even Litecoin or Ethereum would represent a vast improvement over Bitcoin, and these are as easily obtained as Bitcoin is, as they are both available for purchase on Coinbase with U.S. dollars, just like Bitcoin. Ethereum and Litecoin just take a few minutes at the most to confirm transactions, and have much lower transaction fees than Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the horse-and-buggy of cryptocurrency.

Thank you for suggestion. Indeed, Bitcoin fees are quite high and we are working on adding some Altcoins.

We have to set up our own node for each coin. BCH might be the first since it's very similar to Bitcoin, next for sure Litecoin
:rockingchair:

What has redfox done with all their cryptocurrency? Did you guys convert it to dollars or did you let it sit? Given that bitcoin was less than $1000 per coin when you had the majority of your sales do you have 16 times more now?

That's none of your (our) business now is it. I imagine it's being used to pay for the servers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

What has redfox done with all their cryptocurrency? Did you guys convert it to dollars or did you let it sit? Given that bitcoin was less than $1000 per coin when you had the majority of your sales do you have 16 times more now?

Yes, that would have been nice. Just a few users paid with Bitcoin and we used it to pay our servers. The left overs we had to sell to pay our private bills...

Last few days we were working on implementing BCH and LTC and I guess we will activate these new payment options later today.

This is a great step!

Only problem I see is that Bitcoin says it offers 10% discount, but no discount is offered for the two new crypto options?

That's likely because compared to bitcoin, bitcoin cash & litecoin have little to no fee at all. The discount when using bitcoin is primarily designed to cover the exchange fee for the purchasing user

Ch3vr0n is right. Bitcoin trx fees are 10-15 USD these days and the 10% discount is a fee compensation.

That's none of your (our) business now is it. I imagine it's being used to pay for the servers.

It is absolutely not, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Are the server costs for this project significant at all? I would have thought they'd be negligible given that it's 14mB file, a basic forum, and a little here and there for anydvd to connect and pull info.

You're forgetting the beta versions that are kept, server maintenance, the shitload of traffic needed for thousands of simultaneous connections to the OPD...

There sure is a lot of minding others business going around here, Here you speak up. You should of let him get a answer
Well he did get one, though a bit general. Obviously they won't divulge everything :)

BTW: we added both cryptos, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash. And both have the additionl "10% on top".

Great - sure I will use Litecoin next time. Just waiting for new programms. CloneDVD mobile 2 ...

Great - sure I will use Litecoin next time. Just waiting for new programms. CloneDVD mobile 2 ...
You may be waiting a while. CloneDVD Mobile works just fine, and it wouldn't be a new price , it would just be an update if you owned the the one thats out now

I have to disagree are on that one. More often than not the 1.9xx releases either crash, have encoding issues on new titles or something else and the 1.2 series is just damn slow and doesn't work much better on new releases either. That promised update with the new CloneBD encoding engine is long overdue.

I have to disagree are on that one. More often than not the 1.9xx releases either crash, have encoding issues on new titles or something else and the 1.2 series is just damn slow and doesn't work much better on new releases either. That promised update with the new CloneBD encoding engine is long overdue.

And I'll have to disagree with you. Version 1.2.0.1 is slower, but works with everything, As long as AnyDVD does its job. I would like to know ANY disc that it failed on.

Back