• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to Backup movie "Open Season"

I normally use shrink but couldn't with Open Season. Used the trial of Clonedvd and was amazed that it worked, thanks Slysoft.

I normally use shrink but couldn't with Open Season. Used the trial of Clonedvd and was amazed that it worked, thanks Slysoft.

I retract the statement above, atleast the last 2 scenes skip the whole way. Hopefully Shrink will work someday with this.

I retract the statement above, atleast the last 2 scenes skip the whole way.

This a poor quality blank media issue or burn speed problem (too fast)
Burn quality issues are notorious towards the end of blanks.

1) Choose better quality media that is more compatible with your burner

or

2) Lower you burn speed

Last edited:

Try compressing it to a hard disk DVD folder with CloneDVD, and then burn it with Nero. See how that comes out.

-W

or

2) Lower you burn speed

Webslinger.......i have a problem with backuped movie skipping and jumping on my expensive surround sound system sometimes but if i put the same disc in the cheap $20 player that i have in another room for the kids to watch.....or on an XBOX it plays perfectly.Do you have any ideas why this happens?

icedog31 said:
Webslinger.......i have a problem with backuped movie skipping and jumping on my expensive surround sound system sometimes but if i put the same disc in the cheap $20 player that i have in another room for the kids to watch.....or on an XBOX it plays perfectly.Do you have any ideas why this happens?

Yes, it's a compatability issue between your standalone player and the blank media you're using. Try different a different brand or type of blank media and ensure it's booktype (for +R products) is set to "dvd-rom". For ideas on how to change booktype visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and look at step 3

Last edited:

your expensive surround sound system is more picky in what media it likes, cheep ones aren't

or

2) Lower you burn speed

Ill try lowering the burn speed. Thanks

Strange thet Any DVD 1.4 works on this on my 32 bit system and not my 64 bit system for Open Season. Sometimes when I reboot this will clear up the CSS hangs. Oh well!:confused:

I am a anydvd / shrink user and new to using anydvd to rip. I have the latest version of anydvd and always use shrink (3.2) to make main movie only backups. How do I set anydvd to rip the main movie only? I am backing up open season

I am a anydvd / shrink user and new to using anydvd to rip. I have the latest version of anydvd and always use shrink (3.2) to make main movie only backups. How do I set anydvd to rip the main movie only? I am backing up open season
AnyDVD just decrypts. It can also rip, but there is no feature to rip the main movie only.

You need CloneDVD2 to go with it and copy main title only with no additional languages. Also set your AnyDVD settings to skip to main movie and skip any other stuff.

Enjoy,

ETP, no need to enable "Jump directly to main movie" when ripping the DVD to a movie only.

Open Season

No Problem with Open Season using AnyDVD ver. 6.1.1.4 + CloneDVD 2,ver. 2.9.0.3. Backed up Movie only in about 20 mins. Playback is Excellent! This is a Columbia Pictures Movie. 72 bad sector protections and Arccoss & Puppetlock. AnyDVD took care of it! :bowdown:

I Using the same Versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD but I couldn't backup Open Season!:confused:

I Using the same Versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD but I couldn't backup Open Season!:confused:

That DVD actually locked up my drives on my XP64 bit system. Must be missing some updates to some program. :confused: Who knows. No modem will work yet on that box.:mad:
Works perfect on my XP32 bit box.:agree:

Open Season Pal version region 2

Open Season

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know about you all,I already bouth AnyDVD and ClonedvD and Clone cd along time ago and i sometimes still use DVD shrink,but i have to say that the most of the time i use just AnyDVd with Clone DVd but 2 days ago i was not able to make a copy of open Season for my kids... It is a Pal version region 2 and for some reason it keeps getting stuck on 98 % percent wen ripping the movie.I tried ripping the full dvd nothing tried ripping only the main movie and just one language and also nothing.I used the latest version of AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 and the latest version of CloneDVD 2.9.3 i tried it with different dvd burners,Plextor S ata 760-Sony DRU 810-Samsung S ata 183 A-Liteon 832 S and id did not work with any of these dvd writers.

So this has nothing to with Shrink or with a faulty original dvd because i was able to copy the full movie with Ripit4me and then FixVTS and then i could use CloneDVD or Shrink 3.2.

This proves that there are stil some movies that Anydvd and CloneDVD cant copy.

Last edited:
Back