• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

Just ordered the WH16NS40 from Amazon and usb3 external enclosure since I will also receive WH16NS60 from Frys. What should I check when I get the NS40 to make sure it works with new AnyDVD HD and MakeMKV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered the WH16NS40 from Amazon and usb3 external enclosure since I will also receive WH16NS60 from Frys. What should I check when I get the NS40 to make sure it works with new AnyDVD HD and MakeMKV?

Firmware 1.02 SVC Code: NS50 ( Do not update drive )

You must be on the west coast, It's 12:33PM here and i'm still messing with my server

The dude who wrote Makemkv says the best drive is the Asus as sometimes the WH16NS40 won't read disc. Anyone know if this is true?

The dude who wrote Makemkv says the best drive is the Asus as sometimes the WH16NS40 won't read disc. Anyone know if this is true?

I am currently having issues with my Asus not being able to complete the rip on some discs. Gets about halfway through and then slows to such a crawl that I finally give up. Can't say for sure if this is a drive problem or a disc problem for sure. I have a WH16NS40 coming for verification.

I am currently having issues with my Asus not being able to complete the rip on some discs. Gets about halfway through and then slows to such a crawl that I finally give up. Can't say for sure if this is a drive problem or a disc problem for sure. I have a WH16NS40 coming for verification.

Which Asus?

what's up with the keys in the Doom forum and how to apply that?

Snap11.jpg
what's up with the keys in the Doom forum and how to apply that?

You apply the keys as follows, Go into your C:\users\????\.MakeMkv dir and put the KeyDB.cfg file into that dir and your good to go.

KeyDB.cfg is just a simple text file... To add to the .cfg you just rename to txt and edit. I'll send you the most updated one I wrote in a PM.

Have fun

Last edited by a moderator:

I know the NS40 SVC50 works thru USB 3.0, However when you use a internal drive external you must make sure the chip set of the enclosure is compatible. The NexStar DX external enclosure works fine even with the NS60 and 40, These two LG drives get along with the chip set. This enclosure will set you back about 40USD

I know the NS40 SVC50 works thru USB 3.0, However when you use a internal drive external you must make sure the chip set of the enclosure is compatible. The NexStar DX external enclosure works fine even with the NS60 and 40, These two LG drives get along with the chip set. This enclosure will set you back about 40USD

Great. I got the NexStar DX USB3 enclosure.

So is this Drive UHD Friendly and can read UHD without problems or should I buy one drive with SVC Code NS50 ?

The drive WH16NS40 is a FRIENDLY drive, It isn't a UHD drive like my NS60, But if your WH16NS40 isn't FW: 1.02 and SVC: NS50 it's no good. Today the NS60 is a favorite of DeUHD which I won't buy. The friendly drive works that's all I care about. It's early yet. Watch in this hobby you'll most likely need yet another drive as these hacks progress, When it's really cracked that's what i'm looking for but for now these are the only choices plus a few more drives I don't care for.

What are the odds of ordering the WH16NS40 from Amazon and getting one that is FW 1.02 and SVC code NS50 ? ....Does it have to have FW 1.02 or just anything before 1.03?

Back