• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

help not getting a clean burn

BRIAN SLIPEC

:bowdown: each time i burn a movie,i get the last one i burnt in it {3 seconds} it just pops in there . i don't burn on the fly. i exit the program each time. i reinstalled it 3 time (any dvd clone dvd) they go to a temp folder each time than get deleted after the burn. it will be nice to watch a movie with out getting the last one in it Evan if its only 3 seconds what's going wrong is my ram keeping the files?

Last edited:
Temp Folder

:bowdown: each time i burn a movie,i get the last one i burnt in it {3 seconds} it just pops in there . i don't burn on the fly. i exit the program each time. i reinstalled it 3 time (any dvd clone dvd) they go to a temp folder each time than get deleted after the burn. it will be nice to watch a movie with out getting the last one in it Evan if its only 3 seconds what's going wrong is my ram keeping the files?

I think you are saying that every time you try to write a movie, you still have the previous movie in your Temp folder and that is what gets burned to the disc. When you get to the Output Method screen (DVD Writer tab), on the bottom right of the screen there is an option to "Delete temporary video files after writing". Make sure that box is checked and after the burn, the program will empty the Temp folder.

Last edited:
i do that and i look to see whats in there its is empty . i go to the temp folder there is nothing in it ! so i cant figure it out. :confused: O ya its started doing that when i got my new tower but that should not make a difference

i do that and i look to see whats in there its is empty . i go to the temp folder there is nothing in it ! so i cant figure it out. :confused: O ya its started doing that when i got my new tower but that should not make a difference

The only reason I can think of would be you have more than one Temp folder. Right above the check box for the delete temporary files option is the location for the Temp folder. Are you looking in one place but the Temp folder was moved somewhere else (like another HDD, maybe a D: or E: drive)?

NO i deleted every folder possible, and double check, believe me its a pain in the but! i Evan stopped the movie to make sure the movie is going to the right place. and it is , after the folder is empty .so whats up? i think the ram is not clean ma by there is some files in it ? i dont know but thk for your help:)

NO i deleted every folder possible, and double check, believe me its a pain in the but! i Evan stopped the movie to make sure the movie is going to the right place. and it is , after the folder is empty .so whats up? i think the ram is not clean ma by there is some files in it ? i dont know but thk for your help:)
Did you ever figure out what was causing this? It sounds like the thread I posted about a week ago and what I ended up doing was reducing the burn speed from MAXIMUM to 4X. I didn't get remnants of old videos anymore so I bumped the speed up to 8X, still going good. You can read the thread and all of the details if you still are having this problem. I hope it fixes it for you too, or I'd be curious how you got it working right.

Did you ever figure out what was causing this? It sounds like the thread I posted about a week ago and what I ended up doing was reducing the burn speed from MAXIMUM to 4X.

You also uninstalled and reinstalled Clonedvd, right?

I think I would suggest doing the same here.

Are both of you using Vista? I wonder if this is an administrative rights issue (along with User Account Control) not permitting you to delete all the temp files or something . . .

Are both of you using Vista? I wonder if this is an administrative rights issue (along with User Account Control) not permitting you to delete all the temp files or something . . .
No, I'm using XP Home. You're right though, I did uninstall/reinstall CloneDVD, and lower my burn speed. I've done about four discs now without those "remnants" of videos past showing up.

No, I'm using XP Home. You're right though, I did uninstall/reinstall CloneDVD, and lower my burn speed. I've done about four discs now without those "remnants" of videos past showing up.

Burn speed should have no bearing on what data gets burned.

Man this is weird. This is two cases now of this very bizarre behavior.
I couldn't believe that I was the only one experiencing this so I did some forum searching and found this previous, and unanswered post. His posts were from back in April and I'm wondering what became of it. He may have given up on checking. Can a moderator email him? Whatever was causing my video remnants has either been cured or has gone into hiding, since the last four DVDs have been excellent. I changed nothing other than the burn speed and the reinstall. I'm using the same media, the same temp folder, manually deleting the files before any new projects.
I wonder if there may be other older threads with this issue, but not described well enough to stand out.
Anyway, I hope he didn't give up using this suite, they are really good for the purpose intended.

I couldn't believe that I was the only one experiencing this so I did some forum searching and found this previous, and unanswered post. His posts were from back in April and I'm wondering what became of it. He may have given up on checking. Can a moderator email him? Whatever was causing my video remnants has either been cured or has gone into hiding, since the last four DVDs have been excellent. I changed nothing other than the burn speed and the reinstall. I'm using the same media, the same temp folder, manually deleting the files before any new projects.
I wonder if there may be other older threads with this issue, but not described well enough to stand out.
Anyway, I hope he didn't give up using this suite, they are really good for the purpose intended.
I have no idea what could be causing this. I've never had any problem with AnyDVD or CloneDVD.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I've never had any problem with AnyDVD or CloneDVD.
I wonder...the (only) two issues I've been having are 1) those weird video remnants showing up in burned DVDs, and 2) CloneDVD not deleting temp files. Could these two things possibly be related? I wonder if the originator of this thread also has the non-deletion of temp files deal going on. Like one post reply said, the files are not actually deleted but their names have been removed. CloneDVD keeps a history file in registry. Could it be resurrecting those "deleted" files? The only other answer is "The Poltergeist" notion earlier....
Mind you, I now no longer get the remnants of old projects, but still cannot automatically have CloneDVD delete its temp files. Is there some "proper" way to close CloneDVD to make this happen? I just hit the "eject" button when burn is complete and then the X in the upper right corner of CloneDVD.

I wonder...the (only) two issues I've been having are 1) those weird video remnants showing up in burned DVDs, and 2) CloneDVD not deleting temp files. Could these two things possibly be related? I wonder if the originator of this thread also has the non-deletion of temp files deal going on. Like one post reply said, the files are not actually deleted but their names have been removed. CloneDVD keeps a history file in registry. Could it be resurrecting those "deleted" files? The only other answer is "The Poltergeist" notion earlier....
Mind you, I now no longer get the remnants of old projects, but still cannot automatically have CloneDVD delete its temp files. Is there some "proper" way to close CloneDVD to make this happen? I just hit the "eject" button when burn is complete and then the X in the upper right corner of CloneDVD.
Closing CloneDVD should erase them.

Closing CloneDVD should erase them.
Not happening. To make certain I'm understanding, we're talking about the contents of the Video_ts folder in the CloneDVDTemp folder?
Anyway, this is cluttering this thread......sorry.

Not happening. To make certain I'm understanding, we're talking about the contents of the Video_ts folder in the CloneDVDTemp folder?
Anyway, this is cluttering this thread......sorry.
Yeah, the VIDEO_TS folder should be erased.

Back