• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Looks like mkvmaker is getting in on UHD ripping

In its early stages..... Interesting
No decryption, so all he's doing is lossless copies of readily decrypted UHDs.
That's not much of a change, decrypted UHDs are practically BDs with a different video codec, so all he did was support the different flags right.

CloneBD does that as well, but also re-compresses UHD and can convert HDR and color space.
Personally, I find that more interesting by far (y)

That's not much of a change, decrypted UHDs are practically BDs with a different video codec, so all he did was support the different flags right.

CloneBD does that as well, but also re-compresses UHD and can convert HDR and color space.
What about Dolby vision?

@Pete , some UHD VUKs (AACS 2.0) have been posted online. This is more than just copying an already decrypted discs. MakeMKV already had the ability to use VUKs from lists and it also works with UHD. So, yes, MakeMKV, is decrypting if people have the necessary VUKs. People who have tested DeUHD are also testing this and reporting success.

I'm all for DeUHD and CloneBD but it is useful to have another player on the field. It'll be interesting to see if this method can keep pace with DeUHD. Depends on the source of the VUKs, I suppose.

NOTE: Personally, not sure whether it's wise to have a list of those VUKs in these forums, however.

@Pete , some UHD VUKs (AACS 2.0) have been posted online. This is more than just copying an already decrypted discs. MakeMKV already had the ability to use VUKs from lists and it also works with UHD. So, yes, MakeMKV, is decrypting if people have the necessary VUKs. People who have tested DeUHD are also testing this and reporting success.

I'm all for DeUHD and CloneBD but it is useful to have another player on the field. It'll be interesting to see if this method can keep pace with DeUHD. Depends on the source of the VUKs, I suppose.

NOTE: Personally, not sure whether it's wise to have a list of those VUKs in these forums, however.
I soft deleted them until I get further advice.

I've done a small amount of testing this morning with one of my 4k titles with MAKEMKV and available VUKs. I don't have the "uhd friendly" drives that were posted elsewhere, nevertheless was able to successfully create a complete backup of the title I tried with both LG drives I own. The drives I have are WH14NS40 (which I believe is the older version of the WH16NS40), and the UH12NS40. I plan to do more testing as time permits.

I've done a small amount of testing this morning with one of my 4k titles with MAKEMKV and available VUKs. I don't have the "uhd friendly" drives that were posted elsewhere, nevertheless was able to successfully create a complete backup of the title I tried with both LG drives I own. The drives I have are WH14NS40 (which I believe is the older version of the WH16NS40), and the UH12NS40. I plan to do more testing as time permits.
Are your drives really UHD-BluRay certified? (You can test with Cyberlink's Blu-ray advisor tool)

EDIT:
Link https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do

i have the KEYDB File, makemkv decrypted 72 UHDs.

this drive works:

UHD friendly drives:

LG BE16NU50
LG WH16NS40
LG BH16NS40
ASUS BW-12B1ST
ASUS BC-12D2HT
ASUS BW-16D1HT
LG BH16NS55
LG WH16NS58

i use the LG BH16NS55, the UHD Drive from Buffalo and Pioneer don't work.

@James, No these are not UHD certified drives as BRCS pointed out. Maddock shared the list of non certified "UHD friendly" drives that are known to work. For whatever reason the 2 drives that I listed are also working.

@James, No these are not UHD certified drives as BRCS pointed out. Maddock shared the list of non certified "UHD friendly" drives that are known to work. For whatever reason the 2 drives that I listed are also working.
Ah, this makes sense. I was mistaken, because you said "I don't have the "uhd friendly" drives" I assumed you have "real" UHD drives.

• LG WH16NS60(internal, recommended) - Good UHD drive
  • Buffalo BRUHD-PU3(external, USB, highly recommended) - Best UHD drive
  • LG BU40N(internal slim/laptop)
  • LG BU50N(internal slim/laptop)
  • LG BP60NB10(external, USB) - Excellent UHD drive
UHD friendly drives:

• LG BE16NU50(external, USB, recommended)
  • LG WH16NS40(internal, SVC code: NS50) - This drive must say SVC Code NS50 on the rear for it to work. That means it had to be manufactured after 2016.

I went to Doom9 and downloaded the keys and made the .cfg file and put it in the correct .MakeMKV dir and it did copy Deepwater Horizon UHD fast. But it only worked on my LG BE16NU50 external drive. It failed on the new LG WH16NS60 UHD drive

For a free test it worked but other than that, DeUHD's time is limited. Every ones time is limited for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this drive also and it rips UHD don't upgrade the firmware stay @ 1.02s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg , but my sticker is on the top not the back

But it only worked on my LG BE16NU50 external drive. It failed on the new LG WH16NS60 UHD drive

Hi, drive LG BE16NU50, in case bus encryption is enabled on the disc, valid host certificate is required, UHD-friendly drive allows loophole, subscrive a valid AACS1 host certificate, this protection can be circumvented, this can not be done with LG WH16NS60.

Hi, drive LG BE16NU50, in case bus encryption is enabled on the disc, valid host certificate is required, UHD-friendly drive allows loophole, subscrive a valid AACS1 host certificate, this protection can be circumvented, this can not be done with LG WH16NS60.

Correct unless I use DeUHD which I used in test mode. I would pay 20 a yr for it that's about all.

What about Dolby vision?
There is apparently issues with DV in a .mkv. Don't recall the specifics but the net is that mkv doesn't know how to store it correctly and/or allow for correct playback. Doesn't stop you from making the MKV of course, it just (apparently) isn't giving you DV playback.

There is apparently issues with DV in a .mkv. Don't recall the specifics but the net is that mkv doesn't know how to store it correctly and/or allow for correct playback. Doesn't stop you from making the MKV of course, it just (apparently) isn't giving you DV playback.

I play 7.1 back, but i'm loading it in a Oppo standalone player not some computer software player.

Back