• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Rip default settings

Ukruler54321

Hi

I am new to using AnyDVD HD, I have started to backup my DVD & Blu-Ray collection.

My question is, when ripping discs as a .iso image, are the discs ripped at there original size or shrunk down e.g. DVD9 is ripped to DVD5 size.

The option Rip Video Disc to Harddisk... is advised for DVDs when using AnyDVD HD.
For ISO, CloneDVD is recommended.

Mike is correct. That said, ISO always matches the size of the disc being copied DATA SIZE wise. Just because it's on a dvd9 doesn't mean every last bit is occupied. If the occupied size is say 7GB then the iso will only be 7gb too.

If you do it with CloneDVD it can be less, as CloneDVD strips away the fake titles.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Mike is correct. That said, ISO always matches the size of the disc being copied DATA SIZE wise. Just because it's on a dvd9 doesn't mean every last bit is occupied. If the occupied size is say 7GB then the iso will only be 7gb too.

If you do it with CloneDVD it can be less, as CloneDVD strips away the fake titles.

Yes I can confirm, that this is correct I just check the disc using some alternative ripping software and the size of the disc is the same as Any DVD HD.

The option Rip Video Disc to Harddisk... is advised for DVDs when using AnyDVD HD.
For ISO, CloneDVD is recommended.

Why should I use Rip Video Disc to Hard disk? when I would like all my discs as iso images. I am using VLC to play the files after ripping them?

Because the AnyDVD iso ripper copies structural protection back into the ISO if it's present on the original. That can cause playback problems. AnyDVD throws a warning for a reason if you attempt the make an iso copy of a DVD.

As said, if you want a DVD iso, use CloneDVD2.

Back