• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Advice on Br Coasters

NewbieGuy1

Hello, I have a new PC WIn 10 machine and the AnyDVDHD which works fine. However when trying to burn the iso of Small Soldiers BR to a Verbatim 50 gig disc I have gotten 2 coasters.

These discs worked fine in my old PC and burners so I am wonder how to check to see what might be causing it.

I am using LG HL DT ST BD RE WH16NS40 on Core I7 7700K 4.20GHz 16 gig RAM and was trying to burn with Power Producer.

Thanks.

Media identifier. If you have imgburn, open it up and click on 'explore', copy the right side contents here or look for 'media identifier' or 'disc identifier'.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

That's the good ones. Could you provide an AnyDVD logfile with a random disc inside the drive so we can have some basic hardware info?

Hi,
Very junior member here but I had exactly the same problem with that LG drive and media. I know a great number of users here use and like LG drives but every manufacture from time to time make bad equipment.
Even slowing record speed to 2X did not correct the problem. The drive read disks very fast and accurately but just couldn't write dl BD-r disks.
I replaced mine with a Pioneer DBR-209D and have had no more problems.

We're not at the drive replacing phase yet. He's using a brand of disc and drive that should be a killer combo. I'm using very same combination myself (except one of my drive's is the BH16NS40 not the WH). Right now, it's too early to call bad drive. Either way i'm moving this topic. As anydvd doesn't burn at all

Log file uploaded.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.0.0_Info_D_BOXTROLL2D_NA.ziplog
    298.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Log file uploaded.

I'm not looking thru the whole thing you take to long to answer, But set your drive region

( 0.22s: Drive 0 (not set!) )

Also it's saying it's using a different drive look below

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.0.0, BDPHash.bin 17-07-03)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40 1.02 N001401SIK9GH83G172
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 22962880 sectors (44849 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: BOXTROLL2D_NA
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 39
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Removed UOPs!
Bad sector protection not found.

That's NOT a WH16NS60 it's a 40, A 60 uses 1.00 firmware not 1.02

A 60 would look like this because i'm using one right now myself

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.0.4, BDPHash.bin 17-07-03)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.00 N000500SIK9OH8IB410
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 13896672 sectors (27141 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: WIND_RIVER
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 61
Removed AACS copy protection!
Determined region(s): A
Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region A!
Bad sector protection not found.

Your in two sub forums but you say one thing and it's another, You wrote this below!

NewbieGuy1 said:
I have the WH16NS60 LG for my internal PC and while it burned DVD's, and 25gb Verbatim BR, it is not burning 50gb white Verbatims that burned fine on my old PC and much older LG Br drives on that.

Your logfile shows, WH16NS40 LG for the last time. Different horse same company!

Last edited by a moderator:
Although it won't affect burning, set your drive hardware region. You're also using the latest available firmware for that drive, so that's not the problem too. That drive brand + blank brand should be a killer combo. Are you using that "Power Producer" as your burning solution?

Ok, it's the 40. I made an error.

So now what?

Don't have a 40, I have a 50 and a few 60's...After what u said I wrote to a 25gb and 50gb fine then threw them away using the LG 60, I knew the 50 works. Again SOMETIMES it depends on the burning crapware you use....I use only ImgBurn...But as of months ago I don't need to burn anything except wood.

Although it won't affect burning, set your drive hardware region. You're also using the latest available firmware for that drive, so that's not the problem too. That drive brand + blank brand should be a killer combo. Are you using that "Power Producer" as your burning solution?

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated :) .

To update. I had another of the same burner I did not open so I decided to install it on my PC. Lo and behold it burns the 50's while the other drive (same one and was new and bought from Amazon at same time) does not. It only burns DVDs and 25gig BR. I was ripping the ISO to HD via AnyDVD and burning with CyberLink Power2Go.

It appears 1 of the 2 drives has a glitch. Weird though that the glitch drive does burn DVDs and 25 gig Br but not 50's.

I'd sooner point the blame to that cyberlink burning software. I'm using the BH16NS40 drive in combination with verbatim BD-R (DL) and burn with IMGBurn. zero issues whatsoever.

I'd sooner point the blame to that cyberlink burning software. I'm using the BH16NS40 drive in combination with verbatim BD-R (DL) and burn with IMGBurn. zero issues whatsoever.

I understand but if it was Cyberlink then why is it working with the other drive and not the first one. Consistently now.

Also, (and I know you guys frown on this), but since I had the 2 identical drives installed I tried to burn movie to blank (as I always did for years on my old PC with NO issues and of course with different drives) and it didn't work. Now I used to burn that way before I knew what ISO was and what to do ;) , but I bet you if I replace the one drive and try that it will work. Not that I should burn that way anyway as I know you will say, and are of course correct ;) .

It is weird that the initial burner only doesn't work right with the Cyberlink but the one I put in last night does.

Post that on the imgburn forums, no doubt lightning UK (creator) will be able to make an accurate diagnosis of those errors. Though images alone won't suffice. He'll need the contents of the log too.

I am thinking one of the LG drives is the main issue. What do you think about the error log below? As I said earlier using Power2Go with the just installed same duplicate drive it works fine. Just not the drive I installed a few days ago. I don't understand it.

Got IT to burn with Cyberlinks Power2Go 2 times with no issues on the drive I installed last night.

However, the second same model drive installed a few days ago keeps messing up. Same settings, bought at same time form Amazon, official LG drives. Here is the error message log:

User Name : Windows User
Company Name : Company
CDKey I erased this part
OS Version :
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go8\Power2Go8.exe : Version 8.0.0.5328
CBS.dll : Version 8.0.4017

==================================================================

Total physical memory : 16350MB (16742756KB)
Free physical memory : 9605MB (9836464KB)
Memory load : 41 percent

Number of CPU : 8
CPU Name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
CPU Speed : 4200 MHz

==================================================================

Task Type : Burn Disc Image

19:41:52, File(cl_DiscCopy.cpp), Line(8939)
-> Begin burning process
Current drive: <G: HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 1.02>
====== Disc Info =======
Disc Type: BD-R Sequential Recording
Disc Status: Blank, Appendable
Num. of Sessions: 1 Num. of Tracks: 1
Disc Capacity: 24438784LBs
Free Size: 24438784LBs Used Size: 0LBs
========================
Current writing speed(x): 4.0
-> Burn from image

19:41:52, file(cl_DiscCopy.cpp), line(9149)
-> Quick/Background Format

19:41:53, file(cl_DiscCopy.cpp), line(9374)
-> Prepare writing disc
Burn option: w/ buffer underrun protection
Burn option: w/o simulation
Burn option: w/o close disc
Burn option: w/o verify disc
!! Write Error !! - Illegal Request
Sense Key : 05h(ILLEGAL REQUEST)
Sense Code : 24h 00h
Current Address : 1894112
Burn option: w/o stream write(defect management)

19:46:04, File(cl_DiscCopy.cpp), Line(1254)
-> Burning Fail, ErrCode: 0xeb020b9c
-> End burning process

Back