• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which generic/manufacturers selection results in an .avi format?

lush

I'm sure this question will label me an old guy with little tech expertise, but here goes. I have a Galaxy Note 10.1. I would like to compare quality of mp4 vs avi formats of the same dvd. I have been selecting mp4 from the Generic choices, but I don't see .avi listed as an option. Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks

The one that says 'AVI' at the top

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I would like to compare quality of mp4 vs avi formats of the same dvd.
mp4 and avi are containers. It's a combination of codec and the bitrate used that determine the resulting quality.

mp4 and avi are containers. It's a combination of codec and the bitrate used that determine the resulting quality.
So
The one that says 'AVI' at the top

Thanks, but I'm still confused, I'm running version 1.9.5.0, and the top choice is Generic-Divx....Is that the same as avi? There is no avi choice.

So

Thanks, but I'm still confused, I'm running version 1.9.5.0, and the top choice is Generic-Divx....Is that the same as avi? There is no avi choice.
Divx is just the codec. Avi should be the container.

Back