• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Suspect 30th Anniversary Editon Aspect Issue

anderrd

CloneBD version 1.1.6.0 and 1.1.7.0 while attemping to copy Suspect (1987) 30th Anniversary Edition to a MP4 file the preview viewing using CloneBD shows a squeezed version of the movie, like 4:3 aspect. The Blu-ray says it is wide screen 1.78:1. And plays on my computer and Blu-ray player in wide screen. But is squeezing the video using CloneBD. The disk defaults playlist to title 0003. So I copied the movie to get a log file, and the results is also squeezed. I have included a picture and the log files from CloneBD, AnyDVD. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Suspect.png
    Suspect.png
    906.6 KB · Views: 22
  • AnyDVD_8.1.8.1_Info_E_Suspect.ziplog
    123.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Suspect 30th.cbdlog
    86.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Suspect Target.png
    Suspect Target.png
    259 KB · Views: 18
Thank you for the for the heads up - the aspect ratio given in the MPEG2 streams is somewhat unusual, though correctly coded, CloneBD was caught on the wrong foot by this.
his will be rectified shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Reto
Just upgraded to CloneBD 1.1.7.1 Beta and tried converting Suspect again. But received the same results as my post back on September 12th.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.0.0_Info_E_Suspect.ziplog
    123.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Suspect 30th V1171.cbdlog
    86.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Now upgraded to 1.1.7.2 Beta with the same results. I'm beginning to think this issue has been overlooked. Any word from the powers to be if this will be rectified. I do have a log file for this version if needed. Thanks

Now upgraded to 1.1.7.2 Beta with the same results. I'm beginning to think this issue has been overlooked. Any word from the powers to be if this will be rectified. I do have a log file for this version if needed. Thanks

No, I'm sorry - it hasn't been overlooked, it's just very difficult to fix a strange problem like this one, without being able to test the outcome.
The problem is, that this disc is authored really, really badly.

For one, the aspect ratio provided in the .clpi files is invalid (a not allowed, reserved value).
The actual stream contains a similar mistake, the aspect ratio infomation is defined for MPEG2, but not allowed on Blu-ray discs.
Also, the m2ts file starts delivering video frames before the clock is initialized. A player can handle this by simply dropping frames, but converting to a file format, like MKV of MP4 is not so easy.

Anyway, there are multiple problems (I'm curious: which studio is this disc from?).
We'll try to find out, what else might be missing.

Reto thanks for the description of the issue. From your last post I didn't know how difficult the issue would be. On the back side cover and on the disc it says TriStar Pictures, and Mill Creek Entertainment. I hope that helps,
Thanks again.

A Big Thank You to Reto and Elaborate Bytes. I upgraded to 1.1.7.3 Beta, and the issue with the aspect ratio for this movie has been resolved. Thank you again.

Back