• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD closes and dump file is generated

duffbeer

I have a new disc that was released this week and as soon as AnyDVD starts the analysis, it crashes the application and produces a dump file. I have followed the instructions on screen and sent the dump file by email. I have tried a few other discs (both DVD and Blu-ray) and they work fine so there is no problem with my optical drive or AnyDVD as far as I'm concerned.

Is it possible to be a new copy protection that causes this behaviour or could the disc be faulty?

OK.. I'll be the 1st to scold..

What version of AnyDVD? What is the title of the disk?

And.. Post a log file from anydvd.. Right click on the redfox icon in the tray, select create logfile, then post the logfile.

No need to scold me. I followed the instructions on screen which say to send the dump file by email.

V8.2.0.0 and I can't post a log file because AnyDVD crashes before you can enter the menu.
The disc is 47 meters down region 2.

No need to scold me. I followed the instructions on screen which say to send the dump file by email.

V8.2.0.0 and I can't post a log file because AnyDVD crashes before you can enter the menu.
The disc is 47 meters down region 2.
Typically (not all the time).. Members post the log file via the forum.. That way other members can get a look and possibly contribute to the resolution.

And.. If the log file was posted on the forum, it has the information (AnyDVD version, disk title, etc.)

The "scold" part... Was just me being a wise guy.. Take no offence..

I understand that. I've posted log files here before to get help.

Any advice would be appreciated. I don't suppose the dump file is much help to anyone here that's why I emailed it to bugs@redox.bz

Don't worry duffbeer you did the right thing to email it. Some post it on the forum too. A protection issue is not necessarily the cause but it can be a contributing factor. Can you try that disc again to see if if was a one time fluke or happens the second time too? If it doesn't happen the second time, could you then post a normal logfile too?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I tried it 3 or 4 times with the same result each time.

Then it's most likely either a bug in AnyDVD causing this to happen or something on the disc is choking up AnyDVD. Stay tuned, maybe @James or @Pete cash take a look.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Yes that's the one. I don't think it's a fox disc though - it says "e one" on the label.

For what it's worth, I tried it with MakeMKV and it reads the disc OK but only displays one title at 455mb.
Entertainment One - they love to have protections, which crash AnyDVD, making it harder to fix. If you have a little patience, I'll fix it.

I've had 8.2.0.0 crashing a lot, too. So bad I went back to 8.1.8.0, which seems a lot more stable for me. I was going to reinstall 8.2.0.0 this weekend and post a log. I will, James, if you think it will be helpful. I'm use to AnyDVD crashing once in a while (I think because I usually have 3 drives ripping at the same time). For me, it's always when one drive finishing up with a disc (99%). But 8.2.0.0 was crashing every time one drive was finishing (going back to 8.1.8.0, I was able to get all my latest discs ripped).

DrX

Entertainment One - they love to have protections, which crash AnyDVD, making it harder to fix. If you have a little patience, I'll fix it.

That's great, thanks. Do you need anything else from me? I assume you have access to the dump file I already sent.

I've had 8.2.0.0 crashing a lot, too. So bad I went back to 8.1.8.0, which seems a lot more stable for me. I was going to reinstall 8.2.0.0 this weekend and post a log. I will, James, if you think it will be helpful. I'm use to AnyDVD crashing once in a while (I think because I usually have 3 drives ripping at the same time). For me, it's always when one drive finishing up with a disc (99%). But 8.2.0.0 was crashing every time one drive was finishing (going back to 8.1.8.0, I was able to get all my latest discs ripped).
What are you ripping? DVDs? Blu-ray? HD-DVDs? Folder? ISO? Blu-ray / HD-DVDs shouldn't cause any problem. Ripping multple DVDs to folder crashes AnyDVD. Since forever. There is a bug I am unable to find. The more it crashes, the better, as it will be easier to fix.
If you want to rip multiple DVDs at the same time - use CloneDVD. Multiple instances. Will never crash.

That's great, thanks. Do you need anything else from me? I assume you have access to the dump file I already sent.
Yes, I have the dump file. I'll come back to you, if I need some testing. Thank you.

If you want to rip multiple DVDs at the same time - use CloneDVD. Multiple instances. Will never crash.

Yes! I have found that never running two instances of the AnyDVD Ripping tool is best safe practice.
-W

What are you ripping? DVDs? Blu-ray? HD-DVDs? Folder? ISO? Blu-ray / HD-DVDs shouldn't cause any problem. Ripping multple DVDs to folder crashes AnyDVD. Since forever. There is a bug I am unable to find. The more it crashes, the better, as it will be easier to fix.

I know. You told me that along time ago, when I first brought up the issue. I deal with the occasional crash, because I find ripping with AnyDVD more convenient that CloneDVD (especially with many discs). I'm just saying with 8.2.0.0., it crashes on every disc. If you don't care to look at it because I'm not following your advice about using CloneDVD instead, that's fine. I understand.

DrX

Can you please try AnyDVD 8.2.0.2? Thank you!

I know. You told me that along time ago, when I first brought up the issue. I deal with the occasional crash, because I find ripping with AnyDVD more convenient that CloneDVD (especially with many discs). I'm just saying with 8.2.0.0., it crashes on every disc. If you don't care to look at it because I'm not following your advice about using CloneDVD instead, that's fine. I understand.

DrX
Can you please try AnyDVD 8.2.0.2? Thank you!

Back