• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 16 error: Unable to read a file on the disc

fred.albert

I am finding that for blu-ray discs I get the above error message in what seems a random way. For example I have a blu-ray of Spectre (commercial disc 64760SBN, not a copy, region b, my 'correct' region). The disc will play fine one day, then the next day I will get a "Unable to read a file on the disc" message. I have PowerDVD 16 Ultra, fully up to date and AnyDVD HD 8.2.0.0, running with Win 10 (also fully up to date). I am attaching a copy of the logfile. Usually I can get a disc running, but it might take 15 minutes, by starting and closing PowerDVD, and/or inserting and ejecting the disc a couple of times and/or restarting my laptop. Occasionally, if I shut down AnyDVD it also starts working. Hope someone can help.
Thanks,
Fred

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.0.0_Info_D_Spectre.ziplog
    808.8 KB · Views: 4
I am finding that for blu-ray discs I get the above error message in what seems a random way. For example I have a blu-ray of Spectre (commercial disc 64760SBN, not a copy, region b, my 'correct' region). The disc will play fine one day, then the next day I will get a "Unable to read a file on the disc" message. I have PowerDVD 16 Ultra, fully up to date and AnyDVD HD 8.2.0.0, running with Win 10 (also fully up to date). I am attaching a copy of the logfile. Usually I can get a disc running, but it might take 15 minutes, by starting and closing PowerDVD, and/or inserting and ejecting the disc a couple of times and/or restarting my laptop. Occasionally, if I shut down AnyDVD it also starts working. Hope someone can help.
Thanks,
Fred
What is ESET doing in your optical drive stack?
Code:
CDROM Class UpperFilters:
edevmon (system32\DRIVERS\edevmon.sys), Version: 10.1.3.0 (10.1.3.0)
Company: ESET
Product: ESET Security
Copyright: Copyright (c) ESET, spol. s r.o. 1992-2017. All rights reserved.
Description: Devmon monitor
Trademarks: NOD, NOD32, AMON, ESET are registered trademarks of ESET.
FileVersion: 10.1.3.0
ProductVersion: 10.1.3.0
Anyway, I'll prepare an AnyDVD version with the previous driver version. Let me know, if this fixes your problem.

Thanks,
Fred
Please try AnyDVD 8.2.0.1: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-hd-8-2-0-1-beta.73966/
Please let me know, if you notice any improvement. Thank you.

Hi James
I have now tried 8.2.0.1 a couple of times and it now seems to be working, though it takes over a minute to load up and play the blu-ray disc.
I assume ESET is there to protect against viruses and malware entering my laptop via disc. I guess it does a scan before allowing anything to load. Here's a ziplog as to what is happening now, if that is any help.
Many Thanks
Fred

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.0.1_Info_D_Spectre.ziplog
    809 KB · Views: 1
Hi James
I have now tried 8.2.0.1 a couple of times and it now seems to be working, though it takes over a minute to load up and play the blu-ray disc.
I assume ESET is there to protect against viruses and malware entering my laptop via disc. I guess it does a scan before allowing anything to load. Here's a ziplog as to what is happening now, if that is any help.
Many Thanks
Fred
The particular disc you used for testing contains BD+ and has an elaborate structure, so it may take a little while. Maybe eset is scanning the disc, too. If it does this while AnyDVD is working, it will slow down decryption a lot, because random access on an optical disc is very slow. Just guessing.

Yep, could be. The important thing for me is the problem seems to have been fixed so many thanks.
Fred

Back