• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.1.7.1 very brief feedback

Steve55

Very sorry no time to make useful report, but here just for info:

(In both cases copy to mkv no transcode)

1. Problem with 4:3 Mpeg2 where the pixels are already 4:3 gets squashed (should be 16:9 not 4:3) not fixed

2. Problem with interlaced video playing half speed not fixed

New problem that I never noticed before:

When changing disks, with anydvd going, and trying to copy new disk, various odd things happen. Need to close and restart clonebd. Eg got
- this disk is still protected
- preview tracks all black
- internal transcoder error

Ps if you need proper bug reports pls let me know I try to make time

without full reports and the maching clonebd logfiles, they can't help you.

Not asking for help just thought it might be useful beta feedback. The problem is im short of time - i'll make a full report if asked.
Another 1171 thing i am noticing is that the preview image is sometimes hanging, though the copy proceeds fine. 1170 I dont recall that ever happening

Well, I did just ask for full reports didn't I? No full log and error report, the devs can't help you care the have nothing to work with

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Another 1171 thing i am noticing is that the preview image is sometimes hanging, though the copy proceeds fine. 1170 I dont recall that ever happening
Hmm, can you describe, what you mean by that?
You're talking about that preview image, that shows during transcoding?
Is that with lossless copies or with encoding involved, and if the latter, is it using acceleration? Those are two very distinct ways for the preview to be rendered - if encoding, the preview image is just a byproduct of transcoding, for lossless, the stream gets explicitly decoded for every key frame.

@Pete
Yes preview image while (in this case not) transcoding
Lossless to mkv
It happened a couple of times, once at the start of the track, once midway through
In both cases the end result seemed fine (correct length, sound and video stayed in sync)
Ps the one at the start of the film is definitely replicable if you need it

Last edited:
@chevron both these bugs were already reported against earlier versions with full info, it's an investment of time from me to produce a bug report with log and all relevant data, and mkvtoolnix fixes these problems in seconds. Im just trying to be helpful mentioning these things :)

I tried this with several discs now - was fine.
Can you please say, whether this is only with a certain disc?

Hi Pete, the preview image froze a second or two in from the start (on the mgm lion) of both Arrow releases Abominable Dr Phibes and Dr Phibes Rises Again. So that was obviously something consistent with how those were authored. The one where the preview stopped in the middle was an episode of Firefly I think. Apart from that it didnt happen and I did a bunch more disks since.

Regarding the problems I mentioned above
"When changing disks, with anydvd going, and trying to copy new disk, various odd things happen. Need to close and restart clonebd"
Here is a log file from the internal transcoder error thing, which just happened again. Hope it helps

Regarding the problems I mentioned above
"When changing disks, with anydvd going, and trying to copy new disk, various odd things happen. Need to close and restart clonebd"
Here is a log file from the internal transcoder error thing, which just happened again. Hope it helps

I'm pretty confused now. I don't see the connection from the changing discs thing to the internal transcoder thing.
Is it related?
What I can say so far, is that the vanishing preview appears to be related to the thing in your log file there.
The decoder is having trouble with the data.

AnyDVD does sometimes have a problem with disc change notifications. It can happen, that the change is not fully registered and then CloneBD could be getting trash.
So it may well be, that this is actually an AnyDVD problem.
When CloneBD says that a disc is still protected, it usually is not lying.

Yes it is related as follows:
I finished a disk, said yes to 'do you want to do another disk', put new disk in, scanned the disk, selected tracks, and said 'start copying'
Got immediately this transcoder error thing (as per log)
Close Clone bd, start it again (leaving disk in place), scan disk, select tracks, start copying and everything works fine.

I never had these issues with the previous release of Clinebd but Im not sure when I updated Anydvd last, in relation to whenI put this beta on. I'll check tonight. Could be i updated anydvd at the same or nearby time, and it's an anydvd issue

Anydvd 8.2 installed 14/11
CloneBD 1.1.7.1 installed 24/11
That's quite a long gap with the latest Anydvd without having noticed this issue

Back