• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Failed to rip a new DVD

al7amimi

It seems weird, but I just bought this new DVD from Amazon, and when I tried to rip it using 3 different drives -2 x BD-RW and 1 DVD-RW- they all failed after like 3%! I used both the builtin ripping tool and imgburn, and failed on both occasions...

Is it possible that this DVD is encrypted in a different way? Because Win 10 X64 does not show any folders at all, just empty DVD-ROM disc!

Thnx

The crystal ball is on the blink right now so a logfile for the DVD you're having problems with might be handy.
There's a handy "How To" in signature below...

Last edited:
How can I obtain the log file?

*edit*
The log file is attached...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.0.0_Info_E_Saint Rita.ziplog
    149 KB · Views: 3
al7amimi

You need to set the region for your drive.

"Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.0.0, BDPHash.bin 17-07-03)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-UD03 1.05 15/11/24PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)"

Follow the below steps and try ripping your dvd again

Exit AnyDVD by RIGHT clicking the Red Fox icon on your system tray & click on "Exit"
(Note: Icon may be hidden. Click on the up arrow on system tray to see the icon)

Go to Device Manager

Click on DVD/CD-ROM drives

RIGHT click on the drive that needs it's region set

Click on Properties

Click on DVD Region

Select your Region

Click OK

Restart Anydvd by double clicking the Red Fox icon on your desktop

Please post a new log if you still have problems after setting your region

I did all that, region 1, restarted my windows machine...there are no folders, and imgburn failed to rip

W 15:32:54 Failed to Read Sectors 16800 - 16831 - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error
W 15:33:00 Failed to Read Sector 16816 - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error
W 15:33:00 Retrying (1 of 20)...
W 15:33:06 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error
W 15:33:06 Retrying (2 of 20)...
W 15:33:12 Retry Failed - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error
W 15:33:12 Retrying (3 of 20)...

The new log file is attached...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.0.0_Info_E_Saint Rita.ziplog
    146.8 KB · Views: 4
Ideas for Developer, If you got tired of telling people to set their DVD region all the time when new members keep posting many topics so it's idea when you set auto email sender once new member set up their account then it will send their verification and AnyDVD setup come with how to set Region too so that way less topic starts or pin 'How to Set Region' in first page and Newest AnyDVD Release on the top of the forum. So how about it? just set most commons issues pinned under the AnyDVD version as well as other products. :)

al7amimi

Yes - your region is now set

"Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.0.0, BDPHash.bin 17-07-03)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-UD03 1.05 15/11/24PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1"

Is your dvd "Saint Rita (2004)"?

If yes - odds are you have a defective dvd and need to exchange it.

Someone with more knowledge (such as James) can tell for sure by looking at your log(s)

Note: I see you used Imgburn to rip your dvd. You should use Clonedvd to rip dvds or RIGHT click the Red Fox icon on your system tray & click on "Rip Video Disc (Dvd) to Harddisk...".

Last edited:
You can try to set AI scanner to "always enabled".

You will not believe this, it started ripping, now I am @ 14% with speed 5.2 MB/sec and increasing, what was that option for? and Why it is not recommended?!

Another question, now I am using the builtin ripping option...How reliable is this compared to imgburn?!

*edit* is the AI option available for Blu-Rays?

You will not believe this, it started ripping, now I am @ 14% with speed 5.2 MB/sec and increasing, what was that option for? and Why it is not recommended?!

The ISO is corrupted! Now I am ripping again with imgburn!

You're not supposed to use the ISO ripper AT ALL on DVD's! Use the folder ripper (Rip Video DVD to hard disk) and feed THAT into IMGBurn

You're not supposed to use the ISO ripper AT ALL on DVD's! Use the folder ripper (Rip Video DVD to hard disk) and feed THAT into IMGBurn

And why is that? people were making isos since late 90s! All my DVDs are ISOs, and Blu-Rays are remuxes made from ISOs that I did rip using imgburn...this is the 1st DVD to fail on me!

Guess what?! I used the builtin ripper to rip as a folder, and all the files are there and working! So, thnx for the hint...But I have to be honest with you, I will always make isos unless I've had troubles...

One last question, shall I leave the AI Scanner option enabled all the time ?!

Guess what?! I used the builtin ripper to rip as a folder, and all the files are there and working! So, thnx for the hint...But I have to be honest with you, I will always make isos unless I've had troubles...

No, reset that setting to the default value or you could encounter problems in the future that wouldn't happen otherwise.

As to why you shouldn't do DVD iso's, well one of the reasons is that the file ripper removes structural protection, while the iso ripper copies it into the iso.

For Blu-ray it's the opposite, recommended method is ISO ripper and NOT the file ripper.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

No, reset that setting to the default value or you could encounter problems in the future that wouldn't happen otherwise

You are great, thnx for the help....I did reset it back to the default value...

No - James usually mentions that you restore the AI scanner back to the way it was after you use it on a particular dvd.

If you want to make an ISO, then use CloneDVD to do so.
(I'm sure that was the recommended method. Someone correct me if I'm wrong).
It is, you're correct.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

If you want to make an ISO, then use CloneDVD to do so.
If you used AnyDVD's built-in ripper to rip a DVD to files/folder(s) then ImgBurn can create an ISO from those files.

CloneDVD allows the original layer break position to be preserved when ripping to ISO.

Back