• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping methods

pstnta

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a difference between using "rip video disc to HDD" and copying the folders from the BD in windows explorer?

thanks

The difference? There shouldn't be. They both rip to a folder structure. As to your other things in the repost

If there are read errors on a disc, anydvd will tell you (by rip failure) and so will Windows Explorer (CRC check errors)

You're not supposed to rip to folders anyway for BD, the recommended method is (protected) ISO. The folder ripper is meant for DVD's

The difference? There shouldn't be. They both rip to a folder structure. As to your other things in the repost

If there are read errors on a disc, anydvd will tell you (by rip failure) and so will Windows Explorer (CRC check errors)

You're not supposed to rip to folders anyway for BD, the recommended method is (protected) ISO. The folder ripper is meant for DVD's

My goal is to run it through eac3to afterwards. Does this mean I should rip it to ISO then extract it before running it through eac3to?

thanks

Back