• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Glass Castle

Big Jeff

Using AnyDVD 8.1.9.2, the Canadian version of this DVD chugs for an extended period then shows this status:

Video DVD (or CD) label: GLASS_CASTLE
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Patched DVD volume label!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!

That said, when I then use CloneDVD2 I am presented with three (3) choices for the actual film.

Title 31 at 2:06:50, Title 35 at 2:06:50, and Title 36 at 2:16:05.

Interestingly, for a Lionsgate film, all three versions run through without interruption, although the longer version just truncates at 2:16:05. Note that there is no option for an extended version in the menu, So I'm pretty sure I shouldn't choose that version.

I've attached the logfile.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.9.2_Info_H_GLASS_CASTLE.ziplog
    430.3 KB · Views: 4
Using AnyDVD 8.1.9.2, the Canadian version of this DVD chugs for an extended period then shows this status:

Video DVD (or CD) label: GLASS_CASTLE
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Patched DVD volume label!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!

That said, when I then use CloneDVD2 I am presented with three (3) choices for the actual film.

Title 31 at 2:06:50, Title 35 at 2:06:50, and Title 36 at 2:16:05.

Interestingly, for a Lionsgate film, all three versions run through without interruption, although the longer version just truncates at 2:16:05. Note that there is no option for an extended version in the menu, So I'm pretty sure I shouldn't choose that version.

I've attached the logfile.

Thoughts?
Please try AnyDVD 8.1.9.3. Please let me know, if this fixes the problem (should only show correct title(s)).

I had the same issue!
AnyDVD 8.1.9.3 solved my problem.
Thanks James

Hi James, No luck. While 8.1.9.3 does only show one title (31, in this case) now, the resultant movie fileset from CloneDVD2 will not play.
If I only check off the movie title (31) in CloneDVD2, then the resultatant movie doesn't start at all. We never get to the menu screen.
If I leave all boxes checked in CloneDVD2, then the previews start but the movie fails to start. Again we never get to the menu screen.

I've attached the fileset.txt for the Title31-only movie.

Attachments

• fileset.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi James, No luck. While 8.1.9.3 does only show one title (31, in this case) now, the resultant movie fileset from CloneDVD2 will not play.
If I only check off the movie title (31) in CloneDVD2, then the resultatant movie doesn't start at all. We never get to the menu screen.
If I leave all boxes checked in CloneDVD2, then the previews start but the movie fails to start. Again we never get to the menu screen.

Please post an AnyDVD logfile created with AnyDVD 8.1.9.3.

Even if you untick "keep menus"?

What happens, if you play back the original disc on your PC with AnyDVD running?

Hi James, Ok. Movie plays alright when unchecking the "Preserve Menus" option In CloneDVD2.
Also, original disc plays alright with AnyDVD 8.1.9.3 running, except the "Scenes/chapters" tab does not work. So, something in the "menus" code may be awry.
I can live without the menus.
I've attached the AnyDVD 8.1.9.3 logfile.

Thanks for the fast responses

Regards

Big Jeff

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.9.3_Info_H_GLASS_CASTLE.ziplog
    424.5 KB · Views: 1
I'm also getting the same thing. The copy plays the trailers over and over and never loads the main menu.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.9.5_Info_E_THE_GLASS_CASTLE.ziplog
    223.3 KB · Views: 2
I'm also getting the same thing. The copy plays the trailers over and over and never loads the main menu.
Thank you, will be corrected with the next release version.

Back