• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to check for regression problems?

ggtop

Hi James,

for the latest build you post
New (DVD): More aggressive removal of bogus titles, please check for regression Problems.
I'd like to Support, but don't know where to start...
Is there a list of problematic titles that are worth to check? Personally I keep all the final builds on my HDD to have the chance to revert back to a previous version if it's an older title to see if it worked before.
Most of the time I also keep the rip as well so there normally is no need to rip a disc again.

I guess it is mostly a lucky coincidence to find a title that worked in the past. At least for me.

ggtop

I keep all the final builds on my HDD to have the chance to revert back to a previous version if it's an older title to see if it worked before.
I keep all versions of AnyDVD I download.

I have had a few discs in the past that had regression problems.

I create a log file from the most recent version, official release or beta, and then keep uninstalling and installing earlier release versions until I no longer have problems. Make a log file with the older version and attach both files for James to look at.

Yes, a bit of work, but it really does help the devs to see what went wrong.

I create a log file from the most recent version, official release or beta, and then keep uninstalling and installing earlier release versions until I no longer have problems. Make a log file with the older version and attach both files for James to look at.

Yes, a bit of work, but it really does help the devs to see what went wrong.
Hi FurryGuy,

you didn't get my point. I'm totally aware of the log file procedure. And I also keep old versions to be able to compare the results between them.
What I was asking is a list of problematic titles that could potentially cause a regression issue.
Of course I do not plan to rip thousands of DVDs just because o new beta is out to find a problem. But if it helps I could do a few if it helps. But then I would like to choose them wisely because they could be candidates for a regression issue becuase of their protection scheme.

James fixes a new protection but breaks an old one. Just what we want to avoid, don't we?

ggtop

James fixes a new protection but breaks an old one. Just what we want to avoid, don't we?ggtop
When that rarely happens, James could release a specific fix for that one regression issue (provided a log file was supplied) and keep that specific fix out of the current releases as it won't help resolve any modern protections.
A list would then make sense.

What I was asking is a list of problematic titles that could potentially cause a regression issue.

There is NO list, because of the nature of how often AnyDVD changes. James is kept very busy fixing new releases for both DVD and Blu-ray.

You really expect him to test EVERY DVD he has to check for possible regression problems with each change he makes?

You really expect him to test EVERY DVD he has to check for possible regression problems with each change he makes?
How did you come to that conclusion?
Why would James post to keep the heads up for regression issues if he already check all titles on earth in advance...

Obviously James made changes to AnyDVD that could result in breaking the correct decrypting.
And we (you, me, all others here using the beta) have now the chance to check that before the next release.
Of course we could do nothing and raise a new issue for a title that worked before. Or check some titles NOW that could be influenced by the latest changes.
The chance that future changes will break up the current change will increase. Don't you think?

That's my point

Regression issues are dealt with as they come up. No one "goes looking for them" title by title,
We all have better things to do as well.
-W

Back