• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dean (2017, US)

mudduck

AnyDVD 8.1.9.0
(tried with 8.1.9.3 earlier and had same results)

Insert disk, AnyDVD chews on it for a while (>5 minutes) and gives up with "Unknown disk type (empty?), AnyDVD turned off!" under the "Status" window.

Verified Region was set properly on the DVD drive.

Exit AnyDVD and system reads platter fine (CloneDVD throws "copyrighted DVD" window).

Log file is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.9.0_Info_Z_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    12.5 KB · Views: 3
AnyDVD 8.1.9.0
(tried with 8.1.9.3 earlier and had same results)

Insert disk, AnyDVD chews on it for a while (>5 minutes) and gives up with "Unknown disk type (empty?), AnyDVD turned off!" under the "Status" window.

Verified Region was set properly on the DVD drive.

Exit AnyDVD and system reads platter fine (CloneDVD throws "copyrighted DVD" window).

Log file is attached.
This is odd. The drive refuses to read the disc's table of contents with an error ILLEGAL REQUEST -INVALID FIELD IN CDB
Either I am doing something very wrong, or the drive is confused (reporting the wrong error). Can you read other DVDs with AnyDVD and this drive?

EDIT: Has anybody else a similar problem with this title?

Here's a log file from the same environment (Hardware, OS, AnyDVD) with a known good DVD (Tremors).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.9.0_Info_Z_No Label.ziplog
    136.4 KB · Views: 1
I dusted off an old (known to work very well) USB-attached DVD drive and tried it with OP DVD, works fine.

Looks like we can chalk this up to "DVD drive gone bad."

I dusted off an old (known to work very well) USB-attached DVD drive and tried it with OP DVD, works fine.

Looks like we can chalk this up to "DVD drive gone bad."
Don't get rid of the drive (and disc?) yet. I am preparing an AnyDVD beta for you to try, which will no longer read the TOC from DVDs.

That worked.

CloneDVD got about 65% into it and started throwing read errors like mad (even after breaking out the canned air).

So while the AnyDVD fix worked as expected, still looks like I have a drive that is dying slowly and painfully.

Back