• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

upgrading video card for encoding decoding

imcatinhiding

I have an 8 core 4.2 cpu 16g of ram and a sapphire hd7870 2g video card. looking to speed things up when processing video with clone bd. wondering how much difference in speed an upgrade to a gtx1060 6g card would make? anyone do this upgrade?
thanks

HUGE

don't look at the price but have a quick look at these 2

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-AMD-HD-7870/3639vs2161
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7870-vs-GeForce-GTX-1060

your hd 7870 was superseeded by the R9 270x and the GTX blows that one out of the water too.

To answer your question, yes it does. It's in the name FPS (Frames Per Second), the more frames per second the GPU can process, the less time it will take to process the same content. Naturally your quality setting in CLBD affects that too

Take my non-TI GTX 1080 for example

Fastest setting: up to 600FPS, best quality: around 350 sometimes a bit more. Best quality has a lower FPS because it tries to keep more quality vs faster time

Fast mode: BD50 > BD25, full disc copy = 10 minutes MAX
Best Quality: BD50 > BD25, full disc copy = 20-30min max

whats the "normal" time you get now with an encode (what are you using as source and what are you encoding too)?

ONLY if u use it as a target device for writing, a standard drive can keep up just fine as long as it's not the same drive for reading AND writing to.

An SSD will speed up the process also
That's what I use - I have NVMe main drive for all the software install and running and then another SSD as the destination drive and the BDR drive as read and write from the destination SSD drive.

ONLY if u use it as a target device for writing, a standard drive can keep up just fine as long as it's not the same drive for reading AND writing to.
I rather not have BD Coasters they are less expensive but not like DVD media coasters. I have NVMe running the software BDR as Reader and Destination SSD to write to and then back to the BDR to write...this setup has worked fine for my DVD/BD backup so far and I rather have a coaster free setup instead. Copy on the fly would require two BD drive of which if I did that setup both would be BDRW drives as that would work if I choose either to Read and one to Write setup.

That's why the good lord (if you believe in him/her) invented software like PowerDVD to test your conversion and BD-RE's to try it on a standalone ^^. Nobody's talking about an on-the-fly copy here. I'm talking about writing to a standard mechanical hard drive as the source /target drive. can keep up just fine too. Just a bit slower than an ssd, and naturally if you use a mechanical drive as source AND target drive things WILL slow down.

Back