• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems Playing Heroes HD-DVD Disc 2

Buju

1) I am using version 6.1.7.0 of Anydvd HD
2) No packet writing software on my system.
3) a)full title - Heroes HD-DVD Disc 2
b) region code - None
c) country - USA
d) release date - 8/28/07

4) a)the brand - xbox 360 hd-dvd
b)model number - TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
c) operating system - Vista - 32bit

5) Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 6743264 sectors (13170 MBytes)
Total size: 13446048 sectors (26261 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: HEROESS1D2
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

6) a)error message(s) - This page requires a secure connection which includes server authentication. The Certificate Issuer for this site is untrusted or unknown. Do you wish to proceed? options
YES NO VIEW CERTIFICATE MORE INFO
If i hit yes or no, nothing happens. if i hit certificate there is a button asking me to install it? do I?
b)program(s) - Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.3 with CyberLink.3104_R1_EVR_Logo_DVD070614-02 upgrade.
d) I put disc in drive, PowerDVD automatically comes up and then message in 6 (a) above pops up. I tried to back disc up to my hard drive and it backed up ok, but still does not play from hdd. disc 3,4,5 and 6 from series play..any ideas?

Problem with XP as well

Also with Disc 2 of Heros HD. Autoplay starts with latest 7.3 but no sound or display on screen. Individual chapters play OK in file mode but not from disc or folder mode. No access to menus, etc.

Latest AnyDVD/HD installed

Also with Disc 2 of Heros HD. Autoplay starts with latest 7.3 but no sound or display on screen. Individual chapters play OK in file mode but not from disc or folder mode. No access to menus, etc.

Latest AnyDVD/HD installed
Is it possible to play the disc without AnyDVD HD running? (If you are able to test this, please do).

If yes, try to disable all "additional" options in AnyDVD's HD DVD settings. Does this make any difference?

No Soap

James,

On the XP system there is no differance with AnyDVD/HD unloaded.

Unable to test without using AnyDVD HD

I am unable to test without AnyDVD HD as I do not have a compliant HDCP monitor. I am using Vista. But I am able to play the individual EVO files.

Mine is coming today from Amazon

I will give disc 2 a try and report back. I have a 360 drive as well.

I am unable to test without AnyDVD HD as I do not have a compliant HDCP monitor. I am using Vista. But I am able to play the individual EVO files.
It looks like a PowerDVD / Cyberlink problem to me...

No problem with PowerDVD 7.1

My Disc 2 works just like Disc 1.

Perfect.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.7.0

Windows XP

Sorry

Just to clarify: The disc does *not* play correctly without AnyDVD?

Misunderstood question. Can't test actual DVD at this time. only B/U RIP made with AnyDVD/HD. That will not play with or without AnyDVD/HD. Files play fine.

I agree about PowerDVD issue

It looks like a PowerDVD / Cyberlink problem to me...
Yeah, sure seems so. I know this is an AnyDVD forum, but has anyone out there with Windows VISTA 32 and PowerDVD 7.3 (with build 3104a.1) been able to successfully play Disc 2 of Heroes?

Misunderstood question. Can't test actual DVD at this time. only B/U RIP made with AnyDVD/HD. That will not play with or without AnyDVD/HD. Files play fine.

So you can't test the HD DVD settings of AnyDVD...

I have 32bit Vista, PowerDVD 7.3 and I too have the same problems with playing the second disc of Heroes. Definately a problem with PowerDVD.

I have 32bit Vista, PowerDVD 7.3 and I too have the same problems with playing the second disc of Heroes. Definately a problem with PowerDVD.

With or without AnyDVD HD running / enabled? Which AnyDVD HD DVD settings?

That is with AnyDVD running. I don't think the issue is with AnyDVD, as I have the same problem playing the actual HD DVD. It still does not work after I had shutdown AnyDVD.

The settings for the HD DVD have not been changed from the default settings.

Guys, I have a good idea of why you're all having issues with disc 2. (I just got this delivered today...OMG is this a GREAT HD DVD set!!!!!!!! And yes, I watched every episode when it came out. I love this show) Anyway, back to the "problem". Disc 2 when you play it immediately goes online to check for content. Is it possible this is messing PowerDVD up for you guys? I play it in my 360 and it immediately asks if I wanna download a cookie(I said sure, why not) and then it downloads a crapload of content. Any thoughts on this theory?

Guys, I have a good idea of why you're all having issues with disc 2. (I just got this delivered today...OMG is this a GREAT HD DVD set!!!!!!!! And yes, I watched every episode when it came out. I love this show) Anyway, back to the "problem". Disc 2 when you play it immediately goes online to check for content. Is it possible this is messing PowerDVD up for you guys? I play it in my 360 and it immediately asks if I wanna download a cookie(I said sure, why not) and then it downloads a crapload of content. Any thoughts on this theory?

Your are absolutely correct.

To play this disc with PowerDVD Ultra 7,3 3104a.1, do the following...

1.) Make sure, AnyDVD HD is running with default settings.
2.) Prevent PowerDVD Ultra to reach the internet. Either disable your network connection, or use a software firewall.
3.) Play the disc. You will see the "black" title running.
4.) Select "root menu". The disc starts normally.

Have fun watching Heroes!

Your are absolutely correct.

To play this disc with PowerDVD Ultra 7,3 3104a.1, do the following...

1.) Make sure, AnyDVD HD is running with default settings.
2.) Prevent PowerDVD Ultra to reach the internet. Either disable your network connection, or use a software firewall.
3.) Play the disc. You will see the "black" title running.
4.) Select "root menu". The disc starts normally.

Have fun watching Heroes!

Awesome! Thanks, James. I had a feeling that was it. I hope this helps everyone who was having problems.

Back