• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime upgrade was promised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Doughty

I was one of the very first to purchase AnyDVD from Slysoft. I payed extra for lifetime upgrades. Recently I had to reformat my hard disk drive and I lost my AnyDVD key as a result. How do I upgrade?

When I open AnyDVD andscroll down to the INFORMATION TAB, it says:

About AnyDVD
AntDVD 7.4.7.0 (BDPHash.bin 14-02-26-B)
Copyright 2014 SlySoft.Inc

Registration Information

Registered to Jim Doughty (that is me)
Serial XXXXXXXX
Free updates until: Forever

I purchased AnyDVD in good faith with the uderstanding that I would receive updates forever. I can provide the serial number. Please let me know what I need do to receive a working copy of AnyDVD. Who owns AnyDVD now?

I can provide the serial number. Your records should reveal that Jim Doughty purchased a forever upgrades version.

Does SlySoft or RedFox own AnyDVD? Are the owner's of AnyDVD honorable people willing to provide the upgrades that were promised? Please advise.

Thank you,
Jim Doughty

I forgot to ask, Will I receive an email? Or must I come back to this Forum to receive an answer? I am 70 years old, so forever upgrades will not be forever. ;-)

I was one of the very first to purchase AnyDVD from Slysoft. I payed extra for lifetime upgrades. Recently I had to reformat my hard disk drive and I lost my AnyDVD key as a result. How do I upgrade?

When I open AnyDVD andscroll down to the INFORMATION TAB, it says:

About AnyDVD
AntDVD 7.4.7.0 (BDPHash.bin 14-02-26-B)
Copyright 2014 SlySoft.Inc

Registration Information

Registered to Jim Doughty (that is me)
Serial XXXXXXXX
Free updates until: Forever

I purchased AnyDVD in good faith with the uderstanding that I would receive updates forever. I can provide the serial number. Please let me know what I need do to receive a working copy of AnyDVD. Who owns AnyDVD now?

I can provide the serial number. Your records should reveal that Jim Doughty purchased a forever upgrades version.

Does SlySoft or RedFox own AnyDVD? Are the owner's of AnyDVD honorable people willing to provide the upgrades that were promised? Please advise.

Thank you,
Jim Doughty
SlySoft was shut down back in February of last year, thanks to the MPAA and the Movie Studios. Please read up on it by checking out MyCE, and Google. There was a 20% discount last year when RedFox came into being, because the former SlySoft employees got shafted, and were owed $$$ from the former CEO of SlySoft. Instead, in lieu of back pay, the former CEO of SlySoft gave up the rights/code/name of AnyDVD and all SlySoft products to the former SlySoft employees, and RedFox came into being. It is a closed source Project.

Unfortunately, your SlySoft product key will no longer work for any RedFox products.
The best you can do right now is to purchase a new key for the new product.
When RedFox was introduced they were giving people a break if you had just purchased a SlySoft key, but that is long gone.
Sometimes it does go on sale, so keep checking the home page.

https://www.redfox.bz/purchase.html

Unfortunately, your SlySoft product key will no longer work for any RedFox products.
The best you can do right now is to purchase a new key for the new product.
When RedFox was introduced they were giving people a break if you had just purchased a SlySoft key, but that is long gone.
Sometimes it does go on sale, so keep checking the home page.

https://www.redfox.bz/purchase.html
The key files for CloneDVD, CloneCD, and I think Clone DVD Mobile, if he bought them during the SlySoft days are still good though.

This topic is 2 years old. Slysoft went out of business. If Redfox had not appeared , yes some of the same developers are still here, you would have nothing. Nada. But RedFox wanted and was begged to pick up the slack and continue development, in order to do that ,they needed to be paid, yes they have to eat also. So here you have, a different project, RedFox is not a company, only a project. Slysoft was a company and was put out of business by your USA government and the AACS-LA. So you can use what you have V7 of Slysoft, but if you want to use V8 and above you will have to buy a new license. Such is life and we hope you join our project and buy a license to do further development. Thanks`. I can explain it in further detail for you via PM. I am closing this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back