• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD can't crack all CSS keys error

happyguy82

Hello,

I saw this for the first time last night while trying to play a DVD. I ignore it and it still worked. Would this cause any problems for similar type discs or is it OK to just ignore and carry on?

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD can't crack all CSS Keys on DVD.jpg
    AnyDVD can't crack all CSS Keys on DVD.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 44
The note at the bottom of the screenshot you posted tells you what you need to know.

1) Exit AnyDVD (right click on tray icon and exit the program)

2) Go into your device manager and set your drive's region for where you live (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code ... 1 for US, etc)

3) Restart AnyDVD

That should do it. Please note, if you set your drive's region while AnyDVD is running, nothing will change. So it's important to do the steps in order.

Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get the same message occasionally and, as far as I can tell, my DVD region is set correctly. I am in the U.S. Any further advice?

dvdRegion.jpg

You need to exit AnyDVD COMPLETELY in order to determine/set drive region. Right-click on try icon & select EXIT. Then check/set region.

The region has been set that way for months. AnyDVD reads that region every time it starts up, right?

The region has been set that way for months. AnyDVD reads that region every time it starts up, right?

But it doesn't affect the operation right? I didn't bother setting my region at all because it doesn't stop AnyDVD from doing its thing. There are some DVD drives that physically won't read a disc unless the region matches but that will result in a different error instead.

AnyDVD influences what region code is reported when active. Exit AnyDVD to determine if it's set, or not.

Search the forums for 'AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS keys' to see that it is singularly the most reported DVD issue & the solution is (almost) always the same.

But it doesn't affect the operation right? I didn't bother setting my region at all because it doesn't stop AnyDVD from doing its thing. There are some DVD drives that physically won't read a disc unless the region matches but that will result in a different error instead.

It can indeed affect operation. That CSS error you reported is likely now on your backup too. Some small warning, or trailer, or extra, or something too small for AnyDVD to "brute force" crackthe CSS key is still there if you took it. If you do a "movie only" backup you're likely to be OK. Why all the resistance to people setting drive regions?
-W

It can indeed affect operation. That CSS error you reported is likely now on your backup too. Some small warning, or trailer, or extra, or something too small for AnyDVD to "brute force" crackthe CSS key is still there if you took it. If you do a "movie only" backup you're likely to be OK. Why all the resistance to people setting drive regions?
-W

OK thanks :)

Why all the resistance to people setting drive regions?
-W

Question remains on the floor. I'm even pointing straight at it.... :LOL:
-W
The rare moment that avatar pics, board mechanics, and thread dynamics, all conspire to make the perfect post - is not lost on me here. LOL

Last edited:
I think that people think that "region not set" = "region free".
Which is (as we know) exactly the opposite of the way the mechanics of CSS actually work.
-W

I too just got this message with a region 1 DVD of Around the World in 80 Days. (I'm in the UK, R2.) I exited AnyDVD and set the regions on my drives to 1 & 2. (Before that, neither had been set.) This seemed to work since (without AnyDVD) MPC-HC would play that disc on the R1 drive but not the R2 drive. Similarly MPC-HC would correctly play or not play a R2 disc.

I then started AnyDVD and the R2 disc worked fine on both drives, a different R1 disc worked fine on both drives but ATWIED only worked on the R1 drive. When I loaded it in the R2 drive, AnyDVD spent ages "scanning the disc" before I got the warning.

Have I done something wrong? Is there anything else I should do?

I just answered myown question. I forgot the standard answer to every IT problem - turn it off and then back on again. Re-starting cleared something and everything is now as it should be :)

upload_2018-3-19_11-53-42.png

Last edited:
Back