• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bye Bye Cinavia on Blu?

Warpdrive

The last 3 or 4 Sony Blu-ray discs haven't had cinavia... Odd. I wonder if they have given up on it for Blu-ray??? Anyone know?

Rough Night, Released September 5th is the last one that I remember, Also read on another site that the 4K UHD movies do not have cinavia but I can't confirm that.

I never thought I'd see the day... LOL
No big surprise to me. Cinavia is a protection nobody knows or cares about. At least not the ... "Internet Pirates" the studios try to fight.
"Pirates" download an mkv from their torrent site / one-click hoster / ... and play it on their smart tv / wdtv / Nvidia Shield / china box / mobile device / kodi box / plex / vlc / ... and have probably never been bothered by Cinavia.
Using Cinavia costs money. Obviously money SPHE decided they don't want to spend anymore. Sidenote: SPHE never used the ScreenPass protection from their sister company Sony DADC. License fees can't be the reason.
At least Lionsgate will continue to entertain us with ScreenPass and probably Cinavia. ;)

The last one from Lionsgate was The Big Sick on September 19th to the best of my knowledge, Cinavia has been a pain in my ass for the last several years, I will be glad if it is finally over and done with.

Surprised windows has not tried to throw error code at mpchc or redfox or any player outside powerdvd versions. Windows has been sneaky in the past offering win10 and tricking users into a forced update.

It's up to the player to detect Cinavia and act on it. Even if Microsoft had any incentive/obligation to include Cinava detection in Windows (they don't), the OS itself wouldn't have a way to differentiate between playback of an original disc and a copy.

Rough Night and The Big Sick i rented from RedBox didn't have Cinavia. So far that's great news here.

Back