• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tickling Giants USA Netflix Unknown to Database

Bubbator

Untitled.jpg Hi,
I got an AnyDVD can try to guess CSS key sort of dialog box for this disk. I haven't copied yet but here is the log file.
Thanx!
B
ps:
region 1
set E: to region 1 (brand new drive) and exited and restarted AnyDVD already.
pps: drive may have ejected, resubmitting log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.9.1_Info_E_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.1.9.1_Info_E_TICKLING_GIANTS.ziplog
    102.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
When did you create the log files? Before or after you set the drive region?

According to the logs the drive region is not set. You need to exit AnyDVD before setting the drive region in Device Manager. Exit AnyDVD by right-clicking on the systray icon and select Exit. Then go into Device Manager, select the drive, select the drive region, exit the Device Manager, and start AnyDVD again.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.1.9.1, BDPHash.bin 17-07-03)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40 1.02 N000100SIK97H1LA570
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2207360 sectors (4311 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: TICKLING_GIANTS
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 5 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

This has nothing to do with the online database, but everything with as DLAD says, your unset drive hardware region.

Ah! Exit AnyDVD and then set drive region! Thank you DLAD! (And all). Problem solved.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.9.1_Info_E_TICKLING_GIANTS.ziplog
    91.2 KB · Views: 2
Do exactly as the message you got asks you to do.
View attachment 39428

@James
You think you could please edit that warning message, adding that "Exit AnyDVD First!" narrative? (The sentences we have to type here over and over.) :)
It might (note I said might) put a dent in the CSS related traffic here - a little bit.
-W

Last edited:
@James
You think you could please edit that warning message, adding that "Exit AnyDVD First!" narrative? (The sentences we have to type here over and over.) :)
It might (note I said might) put a dent in the CSS related traffic here - a little bit.
-W
You're right. But in the end I would prefer, if AnyDVD would say this:
"Your drive region code is not set. Do you want to set it now? Yes? Which region? 1? Done!"

Aren't we only allowed a limited number of region switches though?
When you buy a drive its set to Reg 0. if you live in the USA, you have to set it to Region 1. If you live in England its Reg 2. It all depends on what the disc is, where I live they don't sell reg 2 , only reg 1. So leave it at the region you are in, but when the drive is new you have to set it to the region you are in. 5 is enough for anyone unless you move around the world frequently (n)

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!) - This is whats its like new.
1 Bermuda, Canada, United States and U.S. territories
2 The Middle East, Western Europe, Central Europe, Egypt, French overseas territories, Greenland, Japan, Lesotho, South Africa and Swaziland
3 Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan
4 Australasia, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico, Oceania, South America
5 The rest of Africa, Former Soviet Union, the Indian subcontinent, Mongolia, North Korea
6 Mainland China
7 Reserved for future use (found in use on protected screener copies of MPAA-related DVDs, and "media-copies" of pre-releases in Asia)
8 International venues such as aircraft, cruise ships, etc.

Aren't we only allowed a limited number of region switches though?

You set it for the region you are IN. If you're one of the very few people that gets a lot of DVDs from two different regions - take heart!
Because most PC cases allow for 2 optical drives to be installed.
-W

You set it for the region you are IN. If you're one of the very few people that gets a lot of DVDs from two different regions - take heart!
Because most PC cases allow for 2 optical drives to be installed.
-W

I feel as though the conversation has gone backwards. My region 1 set drive rips region 2 discs regularly. Are we saying I should not be able to?

No, we're saying an UNSET region can forces AnyDVD to do bruteforce on ALL regions. A set (but different) region only forces anydvd to bruteforce on different region discs. Problems > anydvd logfile please.

You're right. But in the end I would prefer, if AnyDVD would say this:
"Your drive region code is not set. Do you want to set it now? Yes? Which region? 1? Done!"
Is that possible? As you say, it would be nice and stop a lot of problems.

That's in the magical coding hands of James. If it's possible, I'm sure he'll find a way.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I feel as though the conversation has gone backwards. My region 1 set drive rips region 2 discs regularly. Are we saying I should not be able to?

Like Chev said, In your case AnyDVD does not have to "brute force" crack region 1 CSS - because your drive is already set for R1.
But it does have to brute force crack R2. (which has a high success rate)
Once in a blue moon, a VERY short clip/title on the DVD from R2 with CSS might fail to crack. (rare but we've seen it)

That's in the magical coding hands of James. If it's possible, I'm sure he'll find a way.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
I know, I know.

I can hope and dream, can't I?

Faster, PLEASE if possible, James! ;)

I would prefer, if AnyDVD would say this:

That suggests there could be a "No" option (& some would choose it).

Something along these lines:
AnyDVD HD installer Run. First task, installation checks if the region has been set.
If it has, installer continues.
If it hasn't, a message "Your drive region must be set before installation continues".
Then either the user sets it manually or AnyDVD HD assists user to do so.

Back