• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Oppo 95, 203, 205, Panasonic DMP-BDT110P DIY

I'm very confused.

You say, you can load all Oppo firmware updates and it will never detect Cinavia on the USB ports, because the "programming damage has already been done."

You then say, people loading firmware after the 0913 version will be locked out, and the "engineering error will close."

?!?!?!?

Which is it?

So then, as near as I can tell, you seem to be one of those Internet posters who likes to say, "I have accomplished ____ because I am a rocket scientist, but too bad for everyone as I will never release any information or tell anyone how to accomplish what I have accomplished."

Not sure what is the point of your posting this? Is it to say "too bad" to everyone? How is that useful, helpful, or user friendly? :confused:

It was my understanding, that Cinavia detection is only required on Blu-Ray / 4K players due to AACS licensing requirements. This means, player manufacturers are only LEGALLY REQUIRED to enforce Cinavia:

- On any content whatsoever that is being accessed from the optical disc drive.

- On ISO image files for commercial DVD's and Blu-Ray's played back from ANY source (which Oppo firmware doesn't support anyways).

- On any content that is specific to commercial optical disc formats (i.e., .vob for DVD, .m2ts for Blu-Ray) played back from ANY source.

This means, that if ANY other kind of file (such as a .mkv or .mp4) is played back - either through the network (Twonky) or through attached USB, a given player manufacturer has no legal obligation to detect Cinavia.

For Oppo and their 10x players, they only detect Cinavia on what they are LEGALLY REQUIRED to. I think this was to be as consumer friendly as possible. That has ALWAYS been the case for 10x players... play a .mkv with Cinavia through the network or USB, and Cinavia is not detected.

Was this supposed to change for the 20x players? Or are you maybe misunderstanding this?

(Have you tried playing back an unencrypted .vob or .m2ts file with Cinavia through USB?)

I see...

Do you know, how this is being legally enforced? Is it part of the AACS 2.0 agreement / requirement?

LG hasn't yet released their 4k uhd capable of drive. You'll have to go towards pioneer, but there's no room in PC drives for cinavia detecting hardware. It'll probably be done by the other oppo components and firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

my bad, i thought you were simply going to swap out the drive with the external one and place that thing inside the oppo :) Could just be i'm not fully getting what you're saying. Seeing you do it would probably fix that ^^

@ Badnews.
Please help me to understand the Problem with the older Players BDP 83 and BDP 93.

Will there be a Problem only when i connect them directly to a 4k TV/Projector, or also when i pass the Signal via HDMI through a 4k capable Receiver ?
At the Moment i use a 2k projector the BDP 83 and BDP 93 and the UDP 203 (for 3d Sound reasons) without any Problems.
The Signal goes through a 4k capable yamaha Receiver (set to 2k Output at the Moment).
Could i circumvent the Problem using a non HDCP 2.2 Input with the older Players ? Some tv's / projectors have older and newer HDMI Inputs.
I am planning to upgrade to a 4k projection in the near future.

Please don't ask me why i want to use all 3 players. :)

where is the link for download BDMV Modifier 2.0 ? I serached and found link but it really didn't work.

Last edited:
But i suggest if your reading this rip to folder using AnyDVD HD as DVDFlab sucks at Screen Pass.
Are you confusing Screenpass with BD+? DVDFab sucks big time with BD+. But maybe it sucks with both. ;)

You mean the link doesn't work, not really doesn't work :D

If you read what i wrote i said search google, Then pray

I never posted a link because i didn't want to see ppl sign in as a new member and download and bolt. Of course if someone is a member here i'll just give it through a PM if asked.

My bad. link removed. if possible, please kindly provide me via pm.

Where i live they only have Super Walmarts all over the state. I was looking for a 4K, Price didn't matter. Picture did, I said what is this like you never heard of it. When i seen it compared to others is why i purchased it. I did notice Walmart only had 55" left, I took the last one. I was checking around in BestBuy they only had 50" and had like 5. Buy the time i walked out of BestBuy in a hour they were gone. I was curious yesterday and when i called Hisense i asked who makes Hisense and he said Hisense. I had it a little less then 2 months and they do firmware update it because it asks do you want it. I seen the 50" from BestBuy go for 399. Talking to Hiisense i been told they go up to 75" with 3D also. There isn't enough 3D to float my boat. I had Samsung and 8 months later it was dead. They replaced the entire insides of the TV. Had a LG after near 4 years that was shot. Both didn't come close to what this does but to be fair those TV's were both 1080p. Cheap to me is a TV name called Vizo or something like that. I don't like them. Hisense has a warranty even after it is over if you smell or see smoke they will replace it and i assume refurbished that came right out of Hisense phone call. There are no more TV's made in USA. China took over years ago. Will i ever use the Hisense for media anymore i doubt it or the Oppo's here will rot. But it took 2 seconds with a USB 3.0 cable to find out. The only other thing i did was pay a guy $90.00 to wall mount it with the mount included for that price. New house i didn't want to mess my wall up and hear my old lady bitch. DrinkLyeAndDie never told me how he knew about Hisense, He did say he only heard good things about them. I would agree to his comment which can be seen in this thread some where.

Just ordered the Hisense 55" 4K 55R6D from Sam's Club for $348 and free shipping. If this TV is as good as people say, that is one heck of a deal !! (y)(y)

I had mine 5 months now but I paid 413.00 total from Walmart for a 55" model 55H6D

Walmart is a part of Sam's but we don't need to buy stuff in bulk

Sam's has great deals on many things other than TV's. Yes, some things are bulk items, but I only buy in bulk when I know I will use them over time. Of course I only had to buy one TV :ROFLMAO:. It was delivered today and so far so good. I have a Roku 4 stand alone device and having the Roku functionality built right into the TV is really nice !! :coolman: I haven't tried playing any media files via USB yet. At $366 total from Sam's this TV is a complete steal IMO !!

Back