• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

license on new computer

cbradley69

Ok, I had the mobo fry but I was able to get what I thought was mt AnyDVD key off it. (I bought the unlimited update version) Unfortunately when I try to use the same key on my new computer it tells me it's invalid. I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone please help?

What Version of AnyDVD did you have. Did you buy it from Slysoft or Redfox?

If you purchased the lifetime license, then you can use it up to version 7.6.9.5 only (link below in signature)

AnyDVD HD 8.x.x.x will require a new license.
So lifetime is limited to the lifetime of the company? With that business model, you should change every month.

So lifetime is limited to the lifetime of the company? With that business model, you should change every month.
SlySoft was shut down back in February of last year by the MPAA, Google will confirm what I just said; it (Google "SlySoft shut down") has been discussed to death by everyone on this site and by other sites such as MyCE, TorrentFreak and Wikipedia. There was a 20% discount available for AnyDvd right when the former SlySoft employees got the rights to AnyDvd and the code to it in lieu of back pay that the former CEO of SlySoft failed to pay them--the former employees for. RedFox is an Closed Project.

By the way, code don't put food on the table, or clothes on their backs.

If you don't believe me, then there is nothing more to say.

You have to buy it again from Redfox. As was said, Slysoft is out of business for almost 2 years.

If you don't enter a Date of Birth when purchasing. Then how could it possibly be your "Lifetime" ? We would all just live forever right. If you will go and look at any "lifetime" licensing or warranty's you will find that it's ALWAYS the life of the company supporting the product. Otherwise who's gonna be responsible for maintaining support.

an0avr.png

Slysoft was around a long time and the loss of the company was unfortunate. There was really nothing that could be done. Thankfully RedFox rose from the ashes to carry on the torch. If not then we wouldn't be having this discussion, we'd all be stuck with an obsolete version of AnyDVD, and AnyDVD simply wouldn't support any newer Blu-rays or DVDs that have newer protections.

Last edited:
If you don't enter a Date of Birth when purchasing. Then how could it possibly be your "Lifetime" ? We would all just live forever right. If you will go and look at any "lifetime" licensing or warranty's you will find that it's ALWAYS the life of the company supporting the product. Otherwise who's gonna be responsible for maintaining support.
Gee thanks for that input. Using that logic they should only offer a 2 year subscription.

If that is the logic used I'll shop around for a different ripper.

You bought a lifetime license and you were given updates for the lifetime of the SlySoft company. You've got the mpaa and aacs-la to thank for that. When they ultimately had SlySoft shut down to prevent you from exercising your legal rights, they took your and everyone else's license with it.

Nobody likes what happened but we're not going to debate this all over again over a year later. If some of the former SlySoft staff hadn't formed RedFox your license would have died overnight, without any notice up front. Because they didn't hey any heads up like you that the boss was going to pull the plug. And you'd still have nothing now. The choice is yours

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Gee thanks for that input. Using that logic they should only offer a 2 year subscription.

If that is the logic used I'll shop around for a different ripper.

What version of AnyDVD were you using prior to your motherboard failure? Obviously you could only have been using 7.6.9.5 or below if you were using an old Slysoft License. If that is the case. Many people on this forum have offered 7.6.9.5 for download. Download that and use your old license as it obviously was what you were using prior to your failure. Please explain if I am wrong here. Thanks.

Scott R. Sonus TAC

my key also works on my old machine,had to switch as was broken,my key worked even as of 2 hours ago,im on a new pc now,but says its now invalid?

my key also works on my old machine,had to switch as was broken,my key worked even as of 2 hours ago,im on a new pc now,but says its now invalid?
Are you trying to use SlySoft key with AnyDVD HD 8.x.x.x?
If yes, that won't work.

Back