• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

Would blu-ray blanks work with uhd
Most UHD discs are stamped on 66GB DL BDXL discs. There are no blanks of that size sold for burning.
Some UHD releases are on 100GB TL discs, and you can buy TL 100GB blanks for burning.
The price of TL BDXL blanks is prohibitive, by design, to make it pointless to buy them for ripping and burning.
No STB players that I'm aware of can support playback of BDXL discs, only computer drives AFAIK.

Simple, because it's not a compression/conversion tool like CloneBD. It's the "equivalent" of AnyDVD HD, it only "decrypts" / rips. Nothing more. You don't see AnyDVD depending on CloneBD to work do you ;). All that tool currently allows you do do (so far?/apparently), is rip 1:1 unencrypted. That's it.
Ok I get it now. Thanks Ch3vr0n and all the other responders.

The price of TL BDXL blanks is prohibitive, by design, to make it pointless to buy them for ripping and burning.
Depends on what you consider 'prohibitive'. If you buy them in packs of 10 then they cost around £4.50 a disc on Ebay so about twice the price of BD-R DL Verbatim discs

Depends on what you consider 'prohibitive'. If you buy them in packs of 10 then they cost around £4.50 a disc on Ebay so about twice the price of BD-R DL Verbatim discs

Yes and if you're willing to wait for Japanese sellers to ship them as they seem to be much cheaper than other stockists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've seen many beautiful UHD captures that look wonderful around 21-25gig with full 7.1 audio. So a good old bluray 25gig platter and burnable that most people have today you can transfer a compressed uhd to any format for playback. XDR can tap into this media to show hdr on your tvs or monitors if your running a fast graphics card that missed the hdr update. just got back test results from X800 Series 4K Ultra HD TV and the user said is showed hdr exact with XDR. My point is if you want to do this uhd to pc like this program you can compress it , put it on a disk and play it. Then use madvr or xdr to watch it for free without using sgx hardware or powerdvd17. Be cheaper to buy a 4k mini and splitter then to fork out the cost of this program. Then you can backup your whole uhd collection. Got 40 plus movies now on uhd. Shit going to have to build a shelf for these things.......

Folder playback or ISO playback would be sweet but that can't happen in the Oppo 203/205 world.

That is incorrect. You can play BD folder and iso over network or USB with a custom FW. It also disables cinavia among other things like multi region (DVD and BD obviously). Only current limitation is that it is a few FWs behind so that it will not support DV as of now. But I'm sure that they will get there.
In addition, Egreat A5/10/11 can playback UHD BDs with full menu.

The more expensive ones are Verbatim.
The cheaper ones seem to be rebranded and not original Verbatim.
Correct. And I would only trust the real thing, I wouldn't like any coasters at that price.

The more expensive ones are Verbatim.
The cheaper ones seem to be rebranded and not original Verbatim.
The cheaper ones are standard Verbatim Japanese discs so have the labels in Japanese, they are not rebranded discs, the same happens with original SL and DL BD-R's. In Japan they have a different labelling

Also the more expensive ones that you linked to are 'MDisc' discs, so of course they will be more expensive. The other ones linked to are standard Verbatim BD-R XL discs

Last edited:
The cheaper ones are standard Verbatim Japanese discs so have the labels in Japanese, they are not rebranded discs, the same happens with original SL and DL BD-R's. In Japan they have a different labelling

Also the more expensive ones that you linked to are 'MDisc' discs, so of course they will be more expensive. The other ones linked to are standard Verbatim BD-R XL discs

Unfortunately they from taiwanese nonsens manufacturer. I tried them. Everything after layer 1 went unreadable after 3 month.

Back