• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Western Digital Elements Hard Drives

Thanks for all your input badnews (and patience). I'm learning new stuff everyday. I never heard of MBR and GPT before. A quick search told me how to check to see which one the drive has so I'm going to check when I get home. I'm not comfortable using WD anymore so they're history.

In my opinion them drives are junk, I have one here dead. The wife used it. I'll take the drive out and see if the controller took a dump.

Well this is surprising. I just checked the new drive and its GPT. Wasn't expecting that. I guess I'll transfer whatever is on there to a new drive and then see if I can convert it to MBR. Why would WD do something like that? Insane

Well this is surprising. I just checked the new drive and its GPT. Wasn't expecting that. I guess I'll transfer whatever is on there to a new drive and then see if I can convert it to MBR. Why would WD do something like that? Insane

Computer management and Disk management works wonders

You can convert from GPT to MBR without removing the data from the drive. But i'm not saying nothing cuz if you mess up there goes your ISO's. :)

That true. I guess after I clean up this mess I'll start to look into other ways for Blu ray ISO playback. I don't know how to convert GPT to MBR so I'll do research on that but might be easier to find a new way to playback the ISOs especially if all the drives will be GPTs

That true. I guess after I clean up this mess I'll start to look into other ways for Blu ray ISO playback. I don't know how to convert GPT to MBR so I'll do research on that but might be easier to find a new way to playback the ISOs especially if all the drives will be GPTs

What OS you running, In Win 7 to convert quick

1. Backup all of your data from the drive before converting the drive from GPT to MBR.
  2. Open command prompt window during installation by pressing Shift + F10.
  3. Type Diskpart into cmd window.
  4. Type list disk.
  5. Now type select disk DiskNumber.
  6. Now type clean.
  7. Now the last step is : At the command prompt, type convert mbr.
or

Code:
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/26203-convert-gpt-disk-mbr-disk.html

Last edited by a moderator:
What OS you running, In Win 7 to convert quick

1. Backup all of your data from the drive before converting the drive from GPT to MBR.
  2. Open command prompt window during installation by pressing Shift + F10.
  3. Type Diskpart into cmd window.
  4. Type list disk.
  5. Now type select disk DiskNumber.
  6. Now type clean.
  7. Now the last step is : At the command prompt, type convert mbr.
or

Code:
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/26203-convert-gpt-disk-mbr-disk.html

I'm using Window 10 but should be the same. I'll give it a go when I get home from work. Thanks! The drive is empty now so I'm not worried about losing any data.

I'm using Window 10 but should be the same. I'll give it a go when I get home from work. Thanks! The drive is empty now so I'm not worried about losing any data.

Code:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/85757-convert-gpt-disk-mbr-disk-windows-10-a.html

Thanks Badnews. It didn't even take 10 seconds to convert. Now at least I can use the drive so it won't go to waste.

Back