• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 2000 Professional Compatibility

bluebolt

With AnyDVD (HD) 8.1.9.1 beta, I see that support for Windows 2000 Professional has been dropped "because of compiler update." I would like to see that support restored; is this possible?

At any rate, it is greatly appreciated here that you have supported Windows 2000 Professional for as long as you have. Thank you.

With AnyDVD (HD) 8.1.9.1 beta, I see that support for Windows 2000 Professional has been dropped "because of compiler update." I would like to see that support restored; is this possible?
No, sorry. Microsoft dropped support for creating code for Windows 2000 with their compilers / tools in 2010. This was 7 years ago. It is simply not reasonable to work with compilers / tools from 2003/2005.

It depends .....
MSVC 2010 is the last useful compiler IMHO.
The 2015 version is full of adware and produces slower code.
Tried it for FFT computation utilities.

just for Info.

It depends .....
MSVC 2010 is the last useful compiler IMHO.
... which unfortunately produces code which doesn't work on Windows 2000.

Hi, does this also mean you are dropping WindowsXP? I can install 8.1.9.0 on my WinXP machine just fine but it fails with 8.1.9.1, something with EncodePointer not found in KERNEL32.dll. Yes, I know WinXP is old and has been dropped by Micro$oft but that's the old PC I keep to backup my discs. I'd hate to have to move my setup to another rig. Thanks!

Hi, does this also mean you are dropping WindowsXP? I can install 8.1.9.0 on my WinXP machine just fine but it fails with 8.1.9.1, something with EncodePointer not found in KERNEL32.dll. Yes, I know WinXP is old and has been dropped by Micro$oft but that's the old PC I keep to backup my discs. I'd hate to have to move my setup to another rig. Thanks!
XP should still work, and I don't see any error message under XP.
Is your XP 32 or 64bit? What do I have to do to get this message?

I just double-click SetupAnyDVD8191.exe as usual and early in the installation process it says (translating here since this is the French version of WinXP) "entry point EncodePointer not found in KERNEL.DLL". I see it is trying to execute C:\Documents and Settings\<myUserName>\Local Settings\Temp\nst6.tmp\AnyDVDtray.exe. It is the regular 32-bit version of WinXP. I tried many times and I get the same error each time. I just found it strange since I never had any issue prior to 8.1.9.1 and I can still install 8.1.9.0 just fine. Thanks.

I just double-click SetupAnyDVD8191.exe as usual and early in the installation process it says (translating here since this is the French version of WinXP) "entry point EncodePointer not found in KERNEL.DLL". I see it is trying to execute C:\Documents and Settings\<myUserName>\Local Settings\Temp\nst6.tmp\AnyDVDtray.exe. It is the regular 32-bit version of WinXP. I tried many times and I get the same error each time. I just found it strange since I never had any issue prior to 8.1.9.1 and I can still install 8.1.9.0 just fine. Thanks.
According to this article https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb432254(v=vs.85).aspx EncodePointer should be present in the Kernel since XP SP2.
AnyDVD requires XP SP3. Do you have SP3 installed?

Ahh, that explains it! No this machine does not have XP SP3. But 8.1.9.1 *is* the first version that fails to install successfully. Ah well, I'll see what I can do. Thank you.

Ahh, that explains it! No this machine does not have XP SP3. But 8.1.9.1 *is* the first version that fails to install successfully. Ah well, I'll see what I can do. Thank you.
Does it have SP2?

James thank you for the clarification I probably got in the release notes I'm glad that windows xp is still supported :) thanks for it :)

I just checked. No SP2 (or SP1 either!). It's just an old computer I kept solely to backup my discs. I'll figure something out. Thanks.

You should be able to download the setup for SP3 for XP somewhere. Google will tell you

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

You will need to install XP SP1a or maybe SP2 will do, I'm not sure, before you can install XP SP3. None of them are easy to download from safe sources. :(

Windows XP Service Pack 3...

Q: Does SP3 include everything from SP1 and SP2 or do I need to install those first?
A: Though XP SP3 aggregates all of the previously-released XP fixes, Microsoft now says that you will need to install at least SP1 on XP before installing SP3. The company recommends installing SP2 first as well, though that is not required.

Source: http://winsupersite.com/faqtip/windows-xp-service-pack-3-faq

Back