• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Questions regarding an ISO that I just created

al7amimi

I have the latest AnyDVD HD - I just registered for life- I did rip several BDs to my HDD w/o issues. I am having a problem with 1 2017 release BD, I was able to make an ISO using imgburn. I am on Windows 10 X64 creator update, so I am able to mount the ISO natively in windows without the need to use any 3rd party apps. PowerDVD is able to see the mounted drive, and Identify it as a BD movie, it also plays it fine. But, it is the only one that is capable of doing that. Every other software I have fails to play the movie, I cant remux it to MKV, MakeMKV just fails in reading the streams.

So what is your advice guys, how can I remux this -what I believe is a good/working ISO- ?

Thnx

Not an anydvd issue. Moved to third party as you specifically ask about 3rd party software. That said, WinDVD might be able too (though it's not as good as PowerDVD) and afaik so can Arcsoft TMT 3/5/6 (although even the "latest" version 6, has been dropped from support by arcsoft over 3 years ago).

As to remuxing, it depends on what you want to do, if it's like creating an mkv/mp4 and makemkv selects the wrong playlist read this https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-and-handbrake-makemkv-movie-playlists-problems.73387/

I'd install Virtual Clone Drive and use that to mount the ISO and see if that works, the one built into Windows is rubbish

The alternative is stated in that link. CloneBD easier to use, looks a lot better and doesn't display incorrect playlists like MakeMKV does resulting in scenes being out of order after the encode

Yesterday I bought lifetime keys for both versions the CloneBD and CloneDVD -on a side note, I copied the license keys to the apps folders yet I am still on Trial, I don't know what is wrong, I did reboot, and CloneBD team do not respond to email messages!!!-

You are suggesting creating the ISO using CloneBD, because creating a folders using CloneBD did not help. Can I remux to MKV using CloneBD?

You don't copy the keys to the folders, once the software is installed you double click on the key file to register it in Windows.

As to getting no reply, it is the weekend

I just executed the 3 license keys that I have for CloneBD, CloneDVD, and AnyDVD HD, and now I am a registered user...

An update, the ISO that I created with imgburn is definitely correct since I was able to make a x264 8 GB encode of the movie w/o issues. So it seems that Handbrake and PowerDVD are able to play the BD. But, MakeMKV is not able to extract the streams...

Now, I am using CloneBD to make a full copy of the BD to a folder -not ISO-, I will report back later...This does not make sense, but I am getting higher speeds with AnyDVD HD using the same Blu-ray writer compared to DVDFab Passkey!!! I thought all they do is decrypting the BD, it seems using the right tool also increases the ripping speed!!

Thnx

Just because you are able to make an iso with IMGburn doesn't mean it's "correct". If the decryption isn't done properly by AnyDVD, even the iso made with IMGBurn won't play the main title & menu correctly.

CloneBD is really simple to make an MKV.

1. Load your source
2. Click the icon on the screen with the phone & disc
3. Select container of your choosing (with or without subs)
4. Select title (with audio & sub of your choosing)
5. Specify your audio settings & resolution
6. Hit convert

Handbrake doesn't play anything, it converts. That's it. As to your output. CloneBD can output to iso just fine

Okay...I picked Lossless for both audio and video, I am testing now...Let's hope that it does work!

neither, it transcodes but it has an option for lossless :)

It just finished! I have the MKV, and guess what, the movie starts at the middle, like some other apps that I tested. However, Handbrake was able to encode the movie properly using the ISO I created with imgburn!

Just to be clear, I am using the latest AnyDVD HD and CloneBD. CloneBD showed two main tracks with the same size and duration!!! The other apps did the same, and CloneBD automatically selected the 2nd track. That's the one I used to make the MKV.

Any thoughts why the resulted movie starts at the middle?!!

That would most likely be anydvd not handling the disc properly then. Could you please create a topic in the AnyDVD section. Describe the problem (movie starting in the middle) and provide an anydvd logfile.

How can this be? I created the ISO using AnyDVD. PowerDVD and Handbrake were able to work on it w/o issues?

As i said, most likely incorrect decryption. When anydvd isn't handling the protection properly, the ISO won't play properly. Please do as asked.

You can make a Blu-ray Full Disc ISO w/ AnyDvDHD. If you're having a issue with the ISO file make it that way to eliminate any other things that may be causing a problem.
Right clicking the Fox icon in the Traybar will bring up a menu and it can be selected from there.
You can also get to the Image Ripper through the start menu-> Programs -> RedFox-> AnyDvDHD -> Image Ripper .
Then just pin that to your tray or start menu. Or create a shortcut to it if you like.
Use the rip to image for BD/HDDvD and rip to video files for DVD's .

His probelm is most likely that the disc has Sony screenpass which isn't being handled for this disc which is why Ch3vr0n asked him to post logfile from the original disc

He's not having an issue with making an iso file. The iso is that the movie doesn't start at the beginning

Back