• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVDHD working with other software.

routledgepaul

Hi
Hope I have posted in correct section.
Not an issue but want advice.
Running latest 8.1.8.4 on my ripping server with OS WHS 2011.
Have MyMovies 5 software which works with AnyDVDHD and has its own tabs telling you it will auto update AnyDVD, what version you have and green traffic light to say it's up and running.
Noticed the little fox logo is missing from lower RHS task bar but program is running ok.
Question is do you have to have the fox logo for program to run? and is it possible to run like mine without taskbar icon?
Many Thanks

When the tray icon is active: AnyDVD active and running
Icon not in tray icon: AnyDVD isn't running

It's that simple.

No icon, no AnyDVD

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

It's that simple.

No icon, no AnyDVD
No, AnyDVD could run as a different user. Or "hide tray icon" could be enabled. This is a question for the MyMovie guys.

It's that simple.

No icon, no AnyDVD

Thanks for reply.
Have noticed with icon missing when disc is inserted the AnyDVD scanning window pops up and the software rips to ISO as requested.
Have noticed James reply below, so it does seem to work with tray icon missing.
Will contact MyMovies guys as James said just to confirm and will post reply.
Can post screenshot to show tab with AnyDVDHD intergrated into their software.
Thanks again.

yeah i forgot about the "hide icon" function, though the other one "different user" didn't know about that one, nor is it probably used very much

though the other one "different user" didn't know about that one, nor is it probably used very much
It is used by MyMovies running headless on a server OS without a logged-in user.
As I said, ask the MyMovies guys.

It is used by MyMovies running headless on a server OS without a logged-in user.
As I said, ask the MyMovies guys.
Thanks James
Just for info.
After the response from all on this forum.
You hit nail right on its head see reply from them below.
Thanks again !

Last edited:
Hi

Running WHS2011 with MyMovies 5 and AnyDVD*HD
Noticed that the AnyDVD* fox icon is missing from taskbar (Lower RHS) but AnyDVD*HD is running (with green light) and displaying version.
Is this normal ? as have boxes ticked in settings to show icon in taskbar.

Also how does it automatically update AnyDVD*HD

icon_pm.gif icon_email.gif
binnerup
Posted: 28 September 2017 12:37:31 icon_quote.gif
resource.ashx

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

0.png (52)
This is normal, yes - it starts AnyDVD* from its background service, as it is not certain a user is logged in.

It updates AnyDVD* when a file on RedFox' servers informs there is a newer version.

"is this normal"? You'll have to ask the MyMovies guys. There's no such thing as a green light in anydvd

"is this normal"? You'll have to ask the MyMovies guys. There's no such thing as a green light in anydvd
He did. I understand this was the question. (The green thing is something MyMovish)

He did. I understand this was the question. (The green thing is something MyMovish)
Correct James
Just an update on my original question, on the two programs I have that work together and with quotes from both program teams, on their compatibility.
Will post screenshot Ch3vr0n to show AnyDVDHD doing its magic in another program.
Thanks for help.

Oh i know which green light you're talking about. Grabbed that thing and i'm having a look. Always on the hunt for something good, now i'm in the market for something that'll let me stream my DVD rips to my chromecast. My main server software is Plex. But it doesn't handle VIDEO_TS or ISO playback. Google is telling my MyMovies can do it, i just cant figure out how

Last edited:
Oh i know which green light you're talking about. Grabbed that thing and i'm having a look. Always on the hunt for something good, now i'm in the market for something that'll let me stream my DVD rips to my chromecast. My main server software is Plex. But it doesn't handle VIDEO_TS or ISO playback. Google is telling my MyMovies can do it, i just cant figure out how
Cheers
If I can be of help PM if you can set up remote access you can have a look at mine.
Be patient as might be busy and only grab these moments to post.
Your welcome anyway.

could be because i'm using the "free version". Contacted them
Should we move this post now to different section as we are quoting them a lot !!
Like I said if you need me I am here.
Speak later cheers.

Nah it's fine for the moment. We're not going into specifics here or troubleshooting mm itself.

Well it can't convert on the fly & stream DVD's. So it's useless to me. I manage my collection with an alternate product and my conversions with plex. Guess the youtube video i found for mymovies & chromecast doesn't apply (anymore). Uninstalled :( Though if you know something that CAN convert & stream on-the-fly to chromecast, feel free to shoot me a pm

Back