• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Big Sick-USA Redbox

ZARTT

According to ANYDVD HD the correct playlist is 920, and it uses that playlist if I create an MP4 with Clone BD for my Sony Xperia tablet.
When creating an iso though, it starts with playlist 501 in the middle of the movie.
Is this an example of screenpass?
Thanks
Art

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.8.4_Info_H_THE BIG SICK.ziplog
    540.6 KB · Views: 7
  • AnyDVD_8.1.8.4_Info_H_THE BIG SICK.ziplog
    540.6 KB · Views: 4
When you say it starts with 501 do you mean when you play the ISO back or do you mean when it is encoding it starts encoding in the middle of the movie? if the latter then this is normal as CloneBD encodes to ISO or disc in file order not playlist order

The .iso resultant file begins playing at a scene in a hospital. It is not the beginning of the movie
There are no opening credits, and a test burn of the file to a BDRE showed the same results
Clone BD indicates that it is encoding playlist 501during the .iso processing.
When processing for an MP4 output, CloneBD starts encoding at playlist 920 as ANYDVD HD indicates when it scans the disc.
The MP4 resultant file plays from beginning to end in correct scene order.
Art

920 is the correct playlist for RB version as i did the RB disc a few days ago to MKV with flac audio. I ripped the disc to ISO but used AnyDVD HD alone to do it. Sorry can't help with CloneBD. The only other difference was i used AnyDVD 8.1.8.3 beta at the time i done it.

Last edited by a moderator:
920 is the correct playlist for RB version as i did the RB disc a few days ago to MKV with flac audio. I ripped the disc to ISO but used AnyDVD HD alone to do it. Sorry can't help with CloneBD. The only other difference was i used AnyDVD 8.1.8.3 beta at the time i done it.

I duplicated your method exactly, and ANYDVD HD produced a proper iso file with all scenes in their correct sequence.
I am going to recreate the original problem, and involve ELBY in this.
Thank you for your response.
Art.

I duplicated your method exactly, and ANYDVD HD produced a proper iso file with all scenes in their correct sequence.
I am going to recreate the original problem, and involve ELBY in this.
Thank you for your response.
Art.
@Pete @Fabian or another will need to look into this.
Good job reporting.
To help with this can you create a CBD logfile for both the mobile file output type you used and for ISO.
You can just add them to your OP that has the ADVDHD logs.

I have a CBD logfile from the .iso process that caused the incident.
I don't have a CBD logfile from the successful creation of the portable file. I returned the disc to Redbox.
The disc was one of the discounted ones that @Badnews posted the code for, and I didn't want to turn a 53 cent rental into a $3.13 rental.
Thanks
Art.

Sorry, I forgot to attach this to the OP.

Edit #2 I sent this all over to Elby also via email. There is a screen save of the incident also but probably of no value for diagnosis.

Attachments

• The Big Sick-9-24-17.cbdlog
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
When creating an iso though, it starts with playlist 501 in the middle of the movie.

You probably mean "CLIP" 501.
You need to understand, that when CloneBD copies to MKV or MP4, it processes playlists. When it copies the full disc, it processes clips individually (and usually not in any specific order, that is OK and normal). And it usually starts with the largest clip, which happens to be #501 in this case.

Edit #2 I sent this all over to Elby also via email.

Elby won't be able to do anything about this, this is not their turf, they don't deal in protection removal.

The .iso resultant file begins playing at a scene in a hospital.

You didn't mention, which player you used for playback - and I'm surprised, nobody asked you for that information.
When playing back ISOs (or full discs for that matter), the player is responsible - directly or indirectly - for choosing the correct sequence.
If you played it back on a licensed blu-ray player (standalone or WinDVD or PowerDVD) and the result was jumbled, then we need to look into it (on AnyDVD's side, CloneBD really is innocent).

If you played back with something like VLC, then it's nothing special. VLC dumbly plays either the largest clips first or a random order. It simply can't deal with this type of discs.

If you played it back on a licensed blu-ray player (standalone or WinDVD or PowerDVD) and the result was jumbled, then we need to look into it (on AnyDVD's side, CloneBD really is innocent).

If you played back with something like VLC, then it's nothing special. VLC dumbly plays either the largest clips first or a random order. It simply can't deal with this type of discs.

OK, After some thought, I am unsure of what utility played the movie back, I have 4 of them, including PDVD-16 (2 are unlicensed), I just assumed that PDVD-16 was used in the playback.

You probably mean "CLIP" 501.

Yes I did mean that.

Elby won't be able to do anything about this, this is not their turf, they don't deal in protection removal.

My bad on the Elby thing.

I am new to the BD world.
Since I purchased my original Slysoft license in 07, up till the present Redfox days in 17, I have been happy in my little, comfortable DVD world.
Now I am taking the plunge with a new home built 30 tb movie server, and trying to build a library of BD Classics, Sci-Fi, Horror, Drama,Comedy, and whatever else strikes my fancy.
This incident with the 'Big Sick" now has me buffaloed. I am unsure of my diagnose sequence.
I am going to rerent the movie, and start over again. I will report back with more coherent results.
Thank you.
Art.

I am going to rerent the movie, and start over again.
Good.
And whenever you're not sure, whether AnyDVD fixed a disc, create a protected ISO of it (protection not removed).
That way you can mount the ISO with Virtual Clone Drive and have AnyDVD fix it properly at a later time.

Having the same issues - I'd like to know where to get the beta version?

@schmidtrg If you look at the top sticky of the forum "Software Talk->AnyDVD HD" you'll see a post that always has a link for the latest beta release.

Beta's don't fix playlists not being mentioned or the wrong one being used for playback. The OPD does, beta's are only asked to be specifically used if the OPD fix itself doesn't enable full menu support. In that case a new beta is required and it will be explicitly stated.

@schmidtrg Please provide an anydvd logfile

Having the same issues - I'd like to know where to get the beta version?
Besides providing a log file, please describe exactly, how "same" your issues are.
Playback on which player, etc...

@schmidtrg If you look at the top sticky of the forum "Software Talk->AnyDVD HD" you'll see a post that always has a link for the latest beta release.

Thank you, I found that, installed V8.1.8.4 and that took care of problem with 'The Big Sick'. At the time I was having problems with that video, I was also having
issues with the redbox rental of 'Big Little Lies' . I will need to re-rent that video to see if this also fixes those issues, but that's another day.

Besides providing a log file, please describe exactly, how "same" your issues are.
Playback on which player, etc...

The 'same' was as stated early in this thread ------> The .iso resultant file begins playing at a scene in a hospital. It is not the beginning of the movie (also the hd ripped version)

I don't think that should have been so confusing. At any rate, the newest version has repaired the issue.

Beta's don't fix playlists not being mentioned or the wrong one being used for playback. The OPD does, beta's are only asked to be specifically used if the OPD fix itself doesn't enable full menu support. In that case a new beta is required and it will be explicitly stated.

@schmidtrg Please provide an anydvd logfile

I don't often post here, and since I DON'T use anydvd to actually do the rip, the logfile probably wouldn't have helped.

You're wrong. Most of anydvd's functions are on-the-fly like decryption. If anyDVD doesn't properly decrypt the title, than no matter what you use to create the ISO (like IMGburn) it will still play out of sequence. So, logfile please. New anydvd versions are only required for if the OPD fix doesn't add support for full menu, or when it's needed for a specific title.

It's up to you.

You're wrong. Most of anydvd's functions are on-the-fly like decryption. If anyDVD doesn't properly decrypt the title, than no matter what you use to create the ISO (like IMGburn) it will still play out of sequence. So, logfile please. New anydvd versions are only required for if the OPD fix doesn't add support for full menu, or when it's needed for a specific title.

It's up to you.

Since the 8.1.8.4 beta version fixed the problem, it's obvious someone found the issue - so thanks, but no need to waste anyone's further time on my problem, unless someone else is
still having issues.

Again beta's don't fix playlists, the OPD does. But if you don't believe that, it's up to you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back