• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Failed to init ElbyCDIO!

Jeff-

I've tried the last version that SlySoft released, and the most recent version from RedFox. I have tried uninstalling AnyDVD, I've rooted around in RegEdit to remove all keys that contain AnyDVD, ElbyCDIO, and I still cannot get it to run after installing.

I've installed it as Administrator, and I've tried running it as Administrator. All fail with this message.

I have run it on the exact same hardware before using Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. But this last time I had to reimage the computer, now it doesn't work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried the last version that SlySoft released, and the most recent version from RedFox. I have tried uninstalling AnyDVD, I've rooted around in RegEdit to remove all keys that contain AnyDVD, ElbyCDIO, and I still cannot get it to run after installing.

I've installed it as Administrator, and I've tried running it as Administrator. All fail with this message.

I have run it on the exact same hardware before using Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. But this last time I had to reimage the computer, now it doesn't work.

I assume you cannot produce log files but what is the message you get with the failures?

Do you have any anti-malware / virus software installed?

Sorry, should have put the title in quotes. The error I get is: "Failed to init ElbyCDIO!"

I am using Windows Defender, which I have used for years. It installs OK, but won't run.

Sorry, should have put the title in quotes. The error I get is: "Failed to init ElbyCDIO!"

I am using Windows Defender, which I have used for years. It installs OK, but won't run.
What happens, if you enter this from a command prompt with administrator rights:

net start elbycdio

Do you see any messages in Windows' system event messages? Like

Service Control Manager: Failed to start elbycdio, because ....

What happens, if you enter this from a command prompt with administrator rights:

net start elbycdio

Do you see any messages in Windows' system event messages? Like

Service Control Manager: Failed to start elbycdio, because ....

At the command prompt, I get:
The service name is invalid.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.

At the command prompt, I get:
The service name is invalid.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.
This means, that Windows doesn't know the elbycdio driver. It probably isn't present in the Windows registry.
Please take a look. Open regedit and navigate to
Code:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
Scroll down to "E". There you should find the key "ElbyCDIO". I have a feeling, it is missing on your machine.

Correct. I do not have that key. How do I get it on there? Is there an export I can add to my registry?

I do not have that key. How do I get it on there? Is there an export I can add to my registry?
Here's the export from my registry.
Extract ElbyCDIO.reg from .rar archive. Importing (by double-clicking) ElbyCDIO.reg may/may not work for you...

Attachments

• ElbyCDIO.rar
    423 bytes · Views: 573
Last edited:
Here's the export from my registry.
Extract ElbyCDIO.reg from .rar archive. Importing (by double-clicking) ElbyCDIO.reg may/may not work for you.
Use with caution:
I suggest you remove "security" and "enum" from the file.

That worked! I did remove the Security and Enum sections.

I'd love to know what that key wasn't added the dozen or so times I tried to install, but thrilled it works again.

Thanks!

I'd love to know what that key wasn't added the dozen or so times I tried to install
Trust me, I would love to know the reason. You are not the only person with this problem, and I have no clue, why the key isn't added sometimes.

It's not a service, it's a registry entry to fix a missing one that doesn't tell windows to load the driver. Completely different issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am getting the error message "Failed to Init ElbyCDIO!" I just installed AnyDVD on a new computer. It's a macbook pro running Monterey. I am using Parallels and am running Windows 11. I went to the location "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services" and I have a folder called "ElbyCDIO". I have attached a screenshot of what in the folder. It looks like I have the ElbyCDIO Driver but I am still getting that error message when trying to open AnyDVD.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 1.17.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 1.17.34 PM.png
    269.3 KB · Views: 44
Nice 4 year old thread necro there. That said a reinstall usually fixes that, which you could try (yes i know its a fresh install) but the fact that you're running W11 AND on a non-native windows system MIGHT have something to do with it. All that registy entry sais is to look for that specific driver in that location, but have you CHECKED that the file actually exists in that location?

Nice 4 year old thread necro there. That said a reinstall usually fixes that, which you could try (yes i know its a fresh install) but the fact that you're running W11 AND on a non-native windows system MIGHT have something to do with it. All that registy entry sais is to look for that specific driver in that location, but have you CHECKED that the file actually exists in that location?
Yeah, I do have the driver file. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled any dvd and it still does not work. I have any dvd running on an older mac using parallels so I know that it is possible to run it on parallels.

Back