• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnydvdHD Install failure - all versions - no error msg

fmb2nd

All of a sudden my AnyDVD is no longer functioning. I installed SetupAnyDVD8170 then SetupAnyDVD8180 (which are all I have at the moment). The same thing happens on both. Even though both were set up with a "full" install and checkboxes 'Program files' and 'Desktop icon' were checked neither put an icon on the desktop. Nor did it put anything in the main menu but 'Redfox -> Anydvd -> uninstall.exe. So I tried to use executables such as AnyDVDtray.exe or AnyDVD.exe but both put up an error message that said, "Failed to init ElbyCDIO!"

So, installation fails. Anybody have an answer or path to the answer?

thanks,
F.

I want to thank you for the suggestions and let you know that now everything is fine.
Turns out that Bitdefender was the problem. Uninstalled Bitdefender, installed anydvd with no hickups. Reinstalled Bitdefender and all is well.
Again, thanks for the help!

fmb2nd

I want to thank you for the suggestions and let you know that now everything is fine.
Turns out that Bitdefender was the problem. Uninstalled Bitdefender, installed anydvd with no hickups. Reinstalled Bitdefender and all is well.

fmb2nd

If possible please report this issue to problematic software provider so hopefully it can be fixed.
You should also be able to whitelist the RedFox/Elby product's to prevent this in the future.

fmb2nd
Why not keep it uninstalled? Together with all the other snake-oil software like eset, avast, Norton security, Kaspersky, ... (the list can go on ...)

nebostrangla
"If possible please report this issue to problematic software provider so hopefully it can be fixed."

If possible, I certainly will.

"You should also be able to whitelist the RedFox/Elby product's to prevent this in the future."

So far I haven't figured out how to do that. The Bitdefender interface is a little confusing.:cry:

James
"Why not keep it uninstalled? Together with all the other snake-oil software like eset, avast, Norton security, Kaspersky, ... (the list can go on ...)"

Thanks for the editorial!:) Through the years I have tried all of the 'free' ones and some not free. However, my spouse had an exercise in trying to remove something that the Windows firewall had missed and finally called for help. I looked around for a decent firewall and settled on Bitdefender. It had good reviews and for the price allowed it on 5 machines. I have it on 3 machines and if I don't tinker with it it's not too bad. Thanks for the help!

Back