• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hurricane

They're lucky that they didn't get the worst of the storm, like the people in Puerto Rico did, and where you're at.

They're lucky that they didn't get the worst of the storm, like the people in Puerto Rico did, and where you're at.

I lucked out, I'm on 5 acres in the middle of the woods. This house only 2 months old, Can't even see it from the road. But I have trees like 100ft high, None snapped that worried me. Before this house I lived waterfront 5 miles away I gave up living on the water as I sold the boats etc and fishing didn't interest me much anymore. I have seen in the past ppl house roofs come off. That if happens destroys everything you own. I thought about that to, Starting over from scratch would be terrible and I seen pics online what hurricanes can do in Miami even though i'm 350 miles away from there and on the west coast. I didn't put a Generac backup generator in this house but even if I did the hurricane knocked out the cable company but I at least could of watched movies. The electric company said 3 days but I had electric back in 12 hours. Camping gear cooked my breakfast.

I lucked out, I'm on 5 acres in the middle of the woods. This house only 2 months old, Can't even see it from the road. But I have trees like 100ft high, None snapped that worried me. Before this house I lived waterfront 5 miles away I gave up living on the water as I sold the boats etc and fishing didn't interest me much anymore. I have seen in the past ppl house roofs come off. That if happens destroys everything you own. I thought about that to, Starting over from scratch would be terrible and I seen pics online what hurricanes can do in Miami even though i'm 350 miles away from there and on the west coast. I didn't put a Generac backup generator in this house but even if I did the hurricane knocked out the cable company but I at least could of watched movies. The electric company said 3 days but I had electric back in 12 hours. Camping gear cooked my breakfast.
I live in an upstairs apartment, and luckily for me, I didn't even lose my power or Internet during Harvey.

The bad news was for 5 days, I couldn't go anywhere, because of all the heavy rains and flooding. I can't imagine what it's like for parents of children (especially young children) going through something like a Hurricane or Tropical Storm. I've been through a bunch of Winter Blizzards and tornadoes growing up the Midwestern US, but a Hurricane or Tropical Storm is another matter altogether.

I live in an upstairs apartment, and luckily for me, I didn't even lose my power or Internet during Harvey.

The bad news was for 5 days, I couldn't go anywhere, because of all the heavy rains and flooding. I can't imagine what it's like for parents of children (especially young children) going through something like a Hurricane or Tropical Storm. I've been through a bunch of Winter Blizzards and tornadoes growing up the Midwestern US, but a Hurricane or Tropical Storm is another matter altogether.

The kids here are happy i'm sure. Schools are closed until the 18th. Yes i'm a transplant here from NY. I don't miss the snow or NY for that matter either. I was going to go to a motel or hotel but all of them gave the ppl back there money. I figure they were afraid if something happened there would be law suits. So I just looked at the 4 walls for about 9 hours. I'm here 23 years and it's the 1st time I seen those storm chaser guys vehicles. You couldn't purchase gas at all everyone sold out. Bottled water you couldn't buy either. When a delivery came in I purchased enough of water for a week. Where i'm at it's well water but I don't drink it even if there wasn't a hurricane. Some ppl drove from here to SC about 500 miles to go to a motel there. I wasn't going to do that even if N. Korea launched a missle.:)

Or maybe hit head on by a category 5 in St. Maarten like Redfox1 was.........
This is the second time in 2 years that I have been overwhelmed by a hurricane, this time I was lucky and got out a week before it hit, but flood and hurricane insurance in St Maarten is so expensive only the really rich can afford, luckily last year I was helped by a very nice person, I am a senior citizen, this is taking its toll on me.

This is the second time in 2 years that I have been overwhelmed by a hurricane, this time I was lucky and got out a week before it hit, but flood and hurricane insurance in St Maarten is so expensive only the really rich can afford, luckily last year I was helped by a very nice person, I am a senior citizen, this is taking its toll on me.
I feel for you, RedFox 1, because even with the crap that's going on in my neck of the woods, and in Florida, I can still do some stuff to get things done, but most people won't be able to endure this disaster stuff forever.

All is ok here, No damage to my homes but i'm starving. You can't buy meat of any kind for miles. It's in the 80's and sunshine so unless your a vegetarian your hungry. PPL here took this hurricane like if N. Korea launched a nuke on the U.S. There is no basements or cellars here as the water table is 10ft.

In Belleville North Carolina right now and another hurricane is coming. Time to deliver this load and get off the East coast.

Back