• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lethal Weapon 2 "Glitch" [Lethal Weapon Collection]

TheEmpathicEar

[This is Lethal Weapon 2 from Lethal Weapon Collection (Box Set) https://www.amazon.com/Lethal-Weapon-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B0079KGAOY]
AnyDVD HD v8.1.8.0 successfully ripped this. I burned to a BD-R DL disc. There was "glitch" in Chapter 10. A little sound/picture sound distortion for about a minute. I did another rip and another burn and got the same exact glitch in the same manner. If this was "bad" disc/burn, would this happen in the same exact way after doing more than rip/burn? Original disc does not have this glitch.

Since you were able to rip it succesfully, does the RIP play properly in a software based dvd player like PowerDVD? If so, then anydvd did it's job and whatever's happening is down to

- burn software
- burning too fast
- using crappy media
- one or more of the above

Since you were able to rip it succesfully, does the RIP play properly in a software based dvd player like PowerDVD? If so, then anydvd did it's job and whatever's happening is down to

- burn software
- burning too fast
- using crappy media
- one or more of the above

1. I don't have any software like PowerDVD.
2. Burn speed == minimum
3. Burn software == BurnAware Pro
4. Crappy Media==RiData
Conclusion: 1 or more. I just got some Verbatim BD-R DL media -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CJ9KYC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I just wanted to be sure that using this "good" media might fix the issue. [I was obviously hoping to finish off the "crappy" RiData discs. i.e I ripped Lethal Weapon 1, burned to RiData disc and it played perfectly]

PowerDVD has a free trial :) the problem is most likely your crappy RiData stuff

It is highly recommended that you have some software player that you can use for testing purposes at least .
Is a great way to prevent coasters. If rip plays properly then it's good.

There's several options for you.

CloneBD has a preview player that can be used for this.

VLC is free!! It just doesn't have menu support. But handles multiple media types that PDVD can choke on. Due to technical issues not the media or file type itself.

Available here: http://www.videolan.org

I will also tell you.
Every single BD-Rom that I have purchased came with a (OEM) version of PDVD that works for me in connection with AnyDvDHD running .

I use PDVD 9 now with no issue as long as the media is handled by AnyDvDHD properly. And PDVD 7 when I want to use a HDDvD Disc that I haven't found a BD of cheap enough to get me to buy it again.
So it doesn't have to be the latest and greatest but one that works. The community here is very experienced with PDVD and can inform you of the good versions/builds. {Minimal Bugs}

VLC is unsuitable for BD testing purposes. No menu, can't handle HD audio, often visual glitches,...

[I forgot about Media Player Classic (along with K-lite). I think their web site stated that they are stopping?? Why??] Anyway:
1. Mount the ISO w/o Windows Explorer
2. Open disc in MPC.
3. Use PgDn to Chapter 10. U can hover the mouse over the slider to see the chapter number.
4. The video stops/pauses. If U hit play at this point, video restarts.
[Read above] Despite AnyDVD successfully ripping to ISO [no errors], the ISO has a glitch. [As above] The source [original Blu-Ray] does not have this glitch.

MPC isn't a licensed blu-ray player either, and as such just as much subject to playback issues as any other unlicensed player

MPC isn't a licensed blu-ray player either, and as such just as much subject to playback issues as any other unlicensed player
All I can tell you is that I have used it before to test an ISO [before burning] and it usually can get all the way through chapter by chapter. [Of course, this is far from ideal for playback]

EDIT: Q: Is it possible that using "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..." could produce different results from "Rip to image..." [apart from creating an ISO]?

Last edited:
VLC is unsuitable for BD testing purposes. No menu, can't handle HD audio, often visual glitches,...
This is entirely irrelevant.
If he says that the glitch shows up on his player - whatever it is - for the BD-R copy and not the original.
AND
the two software players mentioned have trouble at the very same spot directly off the ISO, you don't really in all honesty believe, that bad media caused the first one and bad sw players the other - incidentally also at that same position... and the bad media: twice? The same chapter?

It's proof enough, that something went wrong.

Now for troubleshooting:

AnyDVD HD v8.1.8.0 successfully ripped this. I burned to a BD-R DL disc. There was "glitch" in Chapter 10.
You appear to still have the disc, if I get that right.
Can you
  • provide an AnyDVD log file with the original disc in the drive?
  • play back the main feature with VLC and just the original disc in the drive (AnyDVD active)? Same glitch?
In your first post, you said, you burned the original disc to BD-R DL, in your third post it was suddenly about an ISO. Those are two different things, can you clarify?
Obviously you created an ISO with AnyDVD. Was it a protected one or one with protection removed?

Is it possible that using "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..." could produce different results from "Rip to image..." [apart from creating an ISO]?

Yes, it definitely is possible.

I was just trying to be thorough, but you're right. With the current evidence, something's wrong somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

This is entirely irrelevant.
If he says that the glitch shows up on his player - whatever it is - for the BD-R copy and not the original.
AND
the two software players mentioned have trouble at the very same spot directly off the ISO, you don't really in all honesty believe, that bad media caused the first one and bad sw players the other - incidentally also at that same position... and the bad media: twice? The same chapter?

It's proof enough, that something went wrong.

Now for troubleshooting:

You appear to still have the disc, if I get that right.
Can you
  • provide an AnyDVD log file with the original disc in the drive?
  • play back the main feature with VLC and just the original disc in the drive (AnyDVD active)? Same glitch?
In your first post, you said, you burned the original disc to BD-R DL, in your third post it was suddenly about an ISO. Those are two different things, can you clarify?
Obviously you created an ISO with AnyDVD. Was it a protected one or one with protection removed?

Yes, it definitely is possible.
1. When I get home, I will generate a log file and post if you think it will help.
2. I mounted the ISO and used MPC to play in order to duplicate/verify results from home theatre Blu-Ray player. I used the default in AnyDVD to generate the ISO with protections removed. Considering I used MPC to play the main feature already, how is VLC going to help? [Original disc played OK in both PC and home theatre]
3. [Just to muddy the waters...] I tested the same disc with DVDFab. "dvdfab_process.log" has "Copy 00003.m2ts failed". Someone suggested that this might suggest a "borderline defective" disc.

Considering I used MPC to play the main feature already, how is VLC going to help?

You said, you used MPC on the ISO - the main difference is: I want you to totally skip the ISO part. I'm assuming, that ISO is broken.
Just insert the original disc, AnyDVD active, then play directly off the disc. This should normally be the exact same thing as playing from that mounted ISO.

You said, there is no problem with the original disc - that usually means original disc, licensed Blu-ray player, AnyDVD not involved in any way.
When AnyDVD is active, the disc is no longer "original" from the system point of view, all modifications are done on-the-fly.

3. [Just to muddy the waters...] I tested the same disc with DVDFab. "dvdfab_process.log" has "Copy 00003.m2ts failed". Someone suggested that this might suggest a "borderline defective" disc.
AnyDVD log file would really, really help put your information into context (like where on the disc is chapter 10, what part of the disc, which playlist uses 00003.m2ts, etc...)

You said, you used MPC on the ISO - the main difference is: I want you to totally skip the ISO part. I'm assuming, that ISO is broken.
Just insert the original disc, AnyDVD active, then play directly off the disc. This should normally be the exact same thing as playing from that mounted ISO.

You said, there is no problem with the original disc - that usually means original disc, licensed Blu-ray player, AnyDVD not involved in any way.
When AnyDVD is active, the disc is no longer "original" from the system point of view, all modifications are done on-the-fly.
1. Disc in drive, AnyDVD active, MPC playing. Same Chapter 10 issue. It happens. Home theatre Blu-Ray -- no issue. PC Blu-Ray drive -- issue.
2. Logfile attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.14_Info_E_LETHAL_WEAPON_2.ziplog
    144.3 KB · Views: 1
Try updating to the latest stable release 8180 or even latest beta 8181. New logfile if it happens, as to why it doesn't happen on home theatre, simple. You can't install anydvd on it ;)

Try updating to the latest stable release 8180 or even latest beta 8181. New logfile if it happens, as to why it doesn't happen on home theatre, simple. You can't install anydvd on it ;)
[Imagine many curse words here... I somehow installed a previous beta, rather than the latest]
Same issue. New log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.8.1_Info_E_LETHAL_WEAPON_2.ziplog
    144.4 KB · Views: 2
Ok, thanks for the log file.

That is a very simple disc, seems from 2010.
The main movie is one single clip (#20).
Chapter 10 is right in the middle of the first layer - nothing special, no layer break near.
No bus encryption.
No extra protection other than AACS.
Not even BD-J
VC-1 video.

That clip #3 is some small 11 second piece, not related to the main feature.

I'd go with some weak sector at this point. Though that should result in an error message, not a hiccup.
It's possible, that your HT player has a drive that passes this weak sector (or sectors) only just, while your PC drive stumbles.

I'd be curious to see what CloneBD does with this disc.
If you don't mind - would you attempt a complete 1:1 copy with CloneBD? Then post a log file here (I'd like to know what it says about chapter 10 and clip #3).

Ok, thanks for the log file.
I'd be curious to see what CloneBD does with this disc.
If you don't mind - would you attempt a complete 1:1 copy with CloneBD? Then post a log file here (I'd like to know what it says about chapter 10 and clip #3).
Where does CloneBD store the log file?

Back