• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Installation Issues

Jeffrey Matejka

Yesterday ANYDVD worked fine. I downloaded and installed 8.1.80. Tried to use it today and received 2 error messages in my 2 attempts. Do not recall message, sorry. I have tried the 8.1.81 and it does the same thing as 80, stops installing without completion but no messages. There have been no updates to my system. I am running and have been running 10 for 2 years now with no issues until the latest version. I'm dead in the water with out this program so I hope someone can offer me a solution.

Yesterday ANYDVD worked fine. I downloaded and installed 8.1.80. Tried to use it today and received 2 error messages in my 2 attempts. Do not recall message, sorry. I have tried the 8.1.81 and it does the same thing as 80, stops installing without completion but no messages. There have been no updates to my system. I am running and have been running 10 for 2 years now with no issues until the latest version. I'm dead in the water with out this program so I hope someone can offer me a solution.

What OS are you running, We can't read minds yet?

Ruling out the problem being Vista x64, etc, as has already been done by the OP the error message is key to any solution. Without it there's no narrowing anything down and a solution is impossible.

Bitdefender Total Security 2018 (version updated earlier in the week from 2017) now recognises AnyDVD and CloneBD as malware, wont complete the install and deletes the update files from the system. I tried and failed to install 8180, 8181 beta and 1170. I uninstalled AnyDVD 8170 and tried to reinstall - malware and fail. Currently have Clone BD 1160 and am not doing anymore uninstalling.
I've reported the issue to Bitdefender just now. I'm going to boot with Bitdefender disabled (with no net connection) and see if I can get the updates installed.
CloneDVD hasn't had an update in ages but I'd guess its at risk as well.
I run Windows 10 64bit latest update whatever that is.

Bitdefender Total Security 2018 (version updated earlier in the week from 2017) now recognises AnyDVD and CloneBD as malware, wont complete the install and deletes the update files from the system. I tried and failed to install 8180, 8181 beta and 1170. I uninstalled AnyDVD 8170 and tried to reinstall - malware and fail. Currently have Clone BD 1160 and am not doing anymore uninstalling.
I've reported the issue to Bitdefender just now. I'm going to boot with Bitdefender disabled (with no net connection) and see if I can get the updates installed.
CloneDVD hasn't had an update in ages but I'd guess its at risk as well.
I run Windows 10 64bit latest update whatever that is.
Isn't anti-malware, anti-virus, anti-whatever software a whole lot of fun? This stuff is often worse than the actual threats it is trying to protect you from (and usually fails doing so).

Thanks everyone for your input. Turns out "acmur" had the answer. My Bitdefender is heroically killing the program every time I try to load it. Will have to wait to hear from them as to how to proceed. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks everyone for your input. Turns out "acmur" had the answer. My Bitdefender is heroically killing the program every time I try to load it. Will have to wait to hear from them as to how to proceed. Thanks again for the help.
My personal advice: Uninstall all the anti-whatever snake-oil, erm, software and don't look back. To keep your mind at ease, use Microsoft Defender.

Jeff

I just got them in successfully. In Bitd, click on 'view features' then turn off 'Advanced threat defence'. Run the installer/s. Check the updates are done. Dont forget to turn 'Advanced threat defence' back on when you're done.
Allan

Hi Jeff. I do agree with @James on this one. Since moving to Windows 10, I've dumped my 3rd party virus and malware software and am using the built-in (and free) Windows Defender product. Less hassle dealing with multiple vendors and cheaper. Now I only have Microsoft to blame! :)

Back