• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My Username Pretty Much Sums It Up

Duh

I simply can't get movies to copy on anything but Double Layer dvds. I've even tried to copy a 'copy' that is on a 4.7gb dvd and the the blank 4.7gb doesn't work.

No doubt there is a little something I'm missing here. Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to be able to copy on a standard 4.7 disc.

Thanks,

Duh!

If you using CloneDvd2 and are complely new to this go to the title configuration window, look at the bottom of screen and there is a drag window, and put it on DVD-5. If you already know this then i don't mean to insult your intelligence. Other then that, there might be some driver errors or conflictions. Which is stuff i'm not good at.

Thanks TD but I guess that's not it. I did try that...actually, that window was DVD-5 by default. (hey, at least I feel a little less Duh-ish)
I hope someone can offer some good advice for me.

Duh

I simply can't get movies to copy on anything but Double Layer dvds. I've even tried to copy a 'copy' that is on a 4.7gb dvd and the the blank 4.7gb doesn't work.

No doubt there is a little something I'm missing here. Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to be able to copy on a standard 4.7 disc.

Thanks,

Duh!

If you provide more info, someone can help.
Do this, http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393, and describe your problem in more detail.

Yep, I'm a 'DUH'! Finally got around running Nero Toolbox and discovered my DVD burner loves DVD+R DL it doesn't support DVD+R..only DVD-R. Assuming that can't be fixed I'm off to buy some different DVDs.

Thanks for the help.

Duh

Yep, I'm a 'DUH'! Finally got around running Nero Toolbox and discovered my DVD burner loves DVD+R DL it doesn't support DVD+R..only DVD-R. Assuming that can't be fixed I'm off to buy some different DVDs.

Thanks for the help.

Duh

maybe a new burner ? ;) (whats the make & model or your burner anyway)

good that you've figured out what was wrong :agree:

I'm back for more help

Nope...it wasn't that.

Back from the Wallyworld with DVD-R discs and while the burner does at least recognize them I get an error message that something is wrong with the media.

The burner is: LITE-ON SOHW 1633S

Anyone have any experience with this burner? I guess the only thing left is to buy another burner...any suggestions anyone?

Thanks..

I'm a DUH!

Nope...it wasn't that.

Back from the Wallyworld with DVD-R discs and while the burner does at least recognize them I get an error message that something is wrong with the media.

The burner is: LITE-ON SOHW 1633S

Anyone have any experience with this burner? I guess the only thing left is to buy another burner...any suggestions anyone?

Thanks..

I'm a DUH!
You can get good burners for less than $40.

Good RW drives

Since last year, I've been using a pair of
" SONY DVD RW DW-G120A " drives with excellent results. They were purchased as the "OEM package" about $40 each. Installed as drives Y and Z, generally I read a dvd on Z and write on Y; mostly wanting to see which one fails first. In terms of hours, the reading drive runs much more, about 30 min. or so for each dvd; but the writing is usually done in 6-8 minutes per disk.

For best results I suggest everyone use drives from a major manufacturer, such as Sony; as well as good blanks. Currently I use 100-packs of TDK +R blanks from costco.

K.

Back