• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

KB303392

Indyrod

"The installer will abort, if Vista 64 bit is detected or
if KB3033929 is not installed on Windows 7 64 bit."

I'm running Win 7 64 bit, but I couldn't find KB303392 installed when I searched the Windows Updates. The new AnyDvd version 8.1.8.0 installed with no problem, so I'm not sure what that note on the new version means about that Windows Update?

I'm running Win 7 64 bit, but I couldn't find KB303392 installed when I searched the Windows Updates. The new AnyDvd version 8.1.8.0 installed with no problem, so I'm not sure what that note on the new version means about that Windows Update?
I am running Windows Vista 64bit and anydvd 8180 will not install and the message is that it can't be installed with 64bit, don't know what to do

Snap22.jpg

KB3033929 will not show most of the time when you do a search of it in control panel under "View Installed Updates" But it's on your computer. A easy way for you to tell is download "Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.msu" from Microsoft. If you double click on it. It will tell you KB3033929 is already installed on your system. It's part of a security update. This nfo is for Win7 x64.

Windows update logs installation of updates under View Update History in the Windows Update (WU) panel.

You can get a list of the updates installed on your computer from the same panel down in the left corner where it has a link to "Installed updates"

These are not necessarily the same thing.

If you do a Disk clean up that includes a cleanup of windows Update, you will no longer see the updates that are installed individually. Updates installed as part of the Windows 7 install itself are not in either place.

If you do a reset of WU reset, as for example the fixit tool does, you will lose the list.

To make matters worse, WU has become a mishmash lately. Microsoft is embedding updates inside of updates. Also they supersede updates with other updates.

Bottom line, it is very difficult to find out what is actually installed. Microsoft has not shown themselves to be very concerned about this. They see the world as Windows 10 and all other versions as a kind of pain in the neck.

It's spelled out in plain English

" The installer will abort, if Vista 64 bit is detected or
if KB3033929 is not installed on Windows 7 64 bit.
This check can be disabled with the /NoSHA2check command
line parameter."

The note as you call it isn't new since 8180 either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running Windows Vista 64bit and anydvd 8180 will not install and the message is that it can't be installed with 64bit, don't know what to do

It's time to put Vista to rest and upgrade to Win 7 x64 or 10

ok, I guess since the new version of AnyDvd installed, I should not be concerned.

RedFox should not put this in their notes, if they don't know what they are talking about. I'm a long time user of their software, and a Lifetime subscriber of AnyDvd. Before and after, they became RedFox. Don't put that crap out there on your update versions, unless you can explain it.

ok, I guess since the new version of AnyDvd installed, I should not be concerned.

Wow! If you had just tried to install before getting your nappies in a wad over nothing - there would be no need for this thread at all.
-W
PS: Perfect avatar.... :p

This all goes back to the ElbyCDIO.sys driver update to fix an vulnerability. It lead to some issues for some people because of driver signing either because the didn't have the needed Windows update or Secure Boot was enabled. The driver wouldn't even load on my system solely because it wasn't properly signed to meet the requirements. Elaborate Bytes resolved this however that doesn't fix the problem with older OSes w/o the update. Furthermore, the install flag to override the check is noted in the changelog.

Feel free to read this whole thread to see how this all came about: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/elbycdio-6-1-2-0-driver-update.72680/
Also check out this link: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/3033929

Yes, the changelog could be a bit better in the hand holding department and RedFox might consider that. A nicer suggestion to do so wouldn't have been a bad idea either.

I would not have to post anything, if they have explained things a little better, but they didn't, leaving questions. You think I enjoy posting shit on this forum, I don't, I have better things to do.

As AnyDVD is installed and the installer did not abort, all is fine.

No, it is a vulnerability in AnyDVD.sys as mentioned in the changelog.
My apologies. I misunderstood. I thought that entry was still in reference to ElbyCDIO.

Sidenote: Nice to see that you dealt with being able to load the updated driver, AnyDVD.sys, using Secure Boot. I had expected that to be harder to accomplish for obvious reasons.

I would not have to post anything, if they have explained things a little better, but they didn't, leaving questions.
The notes explain everything. AnyDVD will not install on Windows Vista x64. It will not install on Windows 7 x64 without SP1 and without KB3033929.

View attachment 38764

You can get a list of the updates installed on your computer from the same panel down in the left corner where it has a link to "Installed updates"

thanks for that suggestion, I should have known that. I did what you said, and the search DID show that update, so my mistake. Sorry about getting out of line last night, I was in a bad mood, and I apologize. :(

8.1.8.1 is out, I never got to use 8.1.8.0, They didn't tell me within hours another version would be released. Calm down life is to short as it is, Stress can make you a mess.
thanks for that suggestion, I should have known that. I did what you said, and the search DID show that update, so my mistake. Sorry about getting out of line last night, I was in a bad mood, and I apologize. :(

I'm a old man today but still have a short fuse, But i won't use 4 letter words on the forum. Stress can cause a lot of problems my friend just relax. AnyDVD is one company and not really a company but people that get the job done and don't let there subscribers hanging. Trust me they fix things quick. Yes i purchased software from others but the customer support HERE is not like there meaning another company. What's done here in a day or less is done somewhere else in a week or more. They just ask for log files for a good reason not a bunch of excuses or they need to see 2 weeks worth of other customers logs and they don't put a limit on how many copies you make here either. It's all good just no reason to soil your panties :) it gets fixed or a legit answer one way or another. In my case i'm to smart for BS.

Update to Windows 10. Read post 14 in this thread

The installer will abort, if Vista 64 bit is detected or
if KB3033929 is not installed on Windows 7 64 bit.
This check can be disabled with the /NoSHA2check command
line parameter.

Last edited:
So I'm an older user, but have been a very loyal and extremly satisfied customer for many years, and slightly confused by all this so please have some patience...I have an older computer with Vista x64 by the sounds of the message that popped up when trying to install the recent update from you guys...so you're telling me I can no longer update for the product that I just had to respend a lot of money on once again despite having a lifetime license the first time?? I don't understand a lot of this so please keep it simple for me..do I need to ask for my money back? It's no longer a life time license under the conditions I purchased. I can't afford a new computer or the hundred plus it costs to buy a new OS so I'm looking for some guidance and simple help

Back