• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot create an ISO image for the 3D feature

GiorgioV

Hello.

I have been trying to rip a 3D blu-ray to ISO, in order to remove those damn french subs.
If I create a 1:1 copy, I'll get a 50GB file, with all in it. But if I try to rip everything leaving only the subs out, I'm not able to select the 3D film: it won't even show in the "select" window. And if I select all, the expected file won’t even be 20GB.

Why is that? I just don't get it. I don't have (no do I need) a 3D monitor, but I do not believe it to be the cause.

Thanks for the help.

CloneBD doesn't support altering 3D Blu-ray yet only as a full 1:1 disc or as MKV

CloneBD doesn't support 3d as full disc either. ONLY as portable file (mkv/mp4)

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Are you sure about that? Just made a 1:1 ISO of a 3D disc I have and it comes across with the SSIF folder and when mounted CloneBD flags the video files as 3D and allows me to make a 3D MKV from the copy.

As it's a 1:1 with no compression I wouldn't expect it to alter anything on the image

Well maybe I'm wrong, I don't do 1:1's in any form. A couple weeks ago I sent a pm to Pete about 3d support and the answer was 'still working on it'. Hence the response. I do believe though that bd25 3d definitely isn't supported yet.

I agree, any form of compression or altering of the disc renders it back to 2D, but 1:1 is just the same as using AnyDVD to rip to image

CloneBD doesn't support altering 3D Blu-ray yet only as a full 1:1 disc or as MKV

I have been trying to create an MKV 3D file with CloneBD, but how can I do that if I cannot select the 3D version of the movie? (both 2D and 3D versions are on the same disc, but CloneBD seems to be showing only the 2D version).

I have been trying to create an MKV 3D file with CloneBD, but how can I do that if I cannot select the 3D version of the movie? (both 2D and 3D versions are on the same disc, but CloneBD seems to be showing only the 2D version).
There was a version of CloneBD that mistakenly hid either the 2D or the 3D version if playlists for both exist independently.
That was recently fixed - do you maybe not have the latest version? (1.1.6.1)

If you do, please post an AnyDVD log file for that particular disc.

In these two screenshots you can see what I see.
Is it normal that it only shows me one movie? I can see the "3D" in the preview, but how can it be possible that the estimated file size for the movie as shown (without compression) is just a little over 14GB (the disc is over 50GB)? The other content on the disc is very small stuff.

p.s. I have version 1.1.6.0, the last downloadable one

Attachments

• screenshots.zip
    485.8 KB · Views: 2
p.s. I have version 1.1.6.0, the last downloadable one
v1.1.6.1 is also downloadable from here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/clonebd-1-1-6-1-beta.73400/

how can it be possible that the estimated file size for the movie as shown (without compression) is just a little over 14GB (the disc is over 50GB)?
I can't answer that from just a screen shot, that's why I asked for an AnyDVD log file.

I have been trying to create an MKV 3D file with CloneBD, but how can I do that if I cannot select the 3D version of the movie?
On that second screenshot I can see that "2D" is preselected, but can't you simply select an appropriate format from the dropdown list "Formato 3D"?

(BTW: when uploading screenshots here, you can simply upload them as is and have them displayed inline in your posts, that's a lot easier for the readers to look at, than first having to download and unzip them)

v1.1.6.1 is also downloadable from here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/clonebd-1-1-6-1-beta.73400/

I can't answer that from just a screen shot, that's why I asked for an AnyDVD log file.

On that second screenshot I can see that "2D" is preselected, but can't you simply select an appropriate format from the dropdown list "Formato 3D"?

(BTW: when uploading screenshots here, you can simply upload them as is and have them displayed inline in your posts, that's a lot easier for the readers to look at, than first having to download and unzip them)

Sorry, had to leave for a while. I'm enclosing the log file. As for the screenshots, I was under the impression I could only upload a single file, hence the .zip. Sorry about that too, and thank you for your help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.0_Info_E_DARK_COUNTRY_3D.ziplog
    244.7 KB · Views: 0
As pete said, there was a version that "hid" the 3D stream. See if updating to CLBD 1161 works for you first.

As pete said, there was a version that "hid" the 3D stream. See if updating to CLBD 1161 works for you first.

Done. Do I have to choose the MVC option for the 3D format? I'm not sure MVC was there, before I upgraded to 1161. If I use that format, with lossless audio (only the English track)/video, the file size becomes over 20GB, that would be more reasonable. Perhaps I should just give it a try and see.

MVC is frame-packed like on the original disc (full 1080p image). SBS or OU give 1080p view as well but are either half-height or half-width depending on what you pick and 2 (near) identical images are side-by-side or over and under each other (hence the naming).

Lossless audio has zero impact on that. But naturally 'lossless' means uncompressed and thus the original audio (in every way, including the size of the audio track).

I've encoded the file as MKV MVC. If I play the file on my pc it looks like an ordinary 2D clip, so I guess it did not work after all.
Anyway, these are the video specs.

General
Unique ID : 37465447444643347144956733180533141424 (0x1C2F952C9231596BD1673902A8A1EFB0)
Complete name : D:\Temp\Dark Country - Film principale.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 16.9 GiB
Duration : 1h 28mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 27.5 Mbps
Movie name : Film principale
Writing library : Lavf57.3.100

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Stereo High@L4.1 / High@L4.1
MultiView_Count : 2
MultiView_Layout : Both Eyes laced in one block (left eye first)
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1h 28mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 24.7 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 26.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.496
Stream size : 15.2 GiB (90%)
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

It works just fine. That's what frame packed is supposed to do. VLC is just a basic video player. Try MPC-HC, PowerDVD should definitely be able to play it. Not every player understands frame-packed images.

It works just fine. That's what frame packed is supposed to do. VLC is just a basic video player. Try MPC-HC, PowerDVD should definitely be able to play it. Not every player understands frame-packed images.

I've just purchased a Mede8er MED600X3D, I'll test the file later with that one. Thanks.

As it turns out, the MKV MVC file encoded by CloneBD was not a 3D one.
I've played it with the MED600X3D, and the magic didn't happen. So, I'm at a loss as to how to generate a high quality 3D file with CloneBD.

On a positive note, I've also run the 1:1 ISO through the player, it went straight to 3D (beautiful) and it did let me turn the subtitles off (and those were forced French subtitles). Although I believe that is the player's merit, not the software.
Great movie, btw, for those interested :-D
s.gif

Back