• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

.iso appears to be mounted, but Win 7 Explorer won't open it

VLMin

I have used this .iso file before with VCD on another computer, so I believe the file is good.

In Windows Explorer, when I right-click on the .iso file and select "Mount", I see

VCD D: followed by the correct, full path to the .iso file.

That is, the .iso file appears to have been mounted correctly. But when I double-click to open the VCD mounted volume (displays the sheep icon), the Win Explorer error message says:

Windows can't access this disc
The disc might be corrupt. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is unformatted, you need to format it before using it.

Suggestions appreciated!

Which anydvd version are you running? And yes, i did read you said Virtual Clone Drive.

Which anydvd version are you running? And yes, i did read you said Virtual Clone Drive.

Right now, on this little laptop, I'm not running AnyDVD. I made this set of .iso files a few years ago (using AnyDVD then), and I have mounted them successfully on other computers. Now, I just have this little laptop.

Ok, then the initial thought i had won't apply. There was an issue with a few of the latest beta's that could cause that behavior. Which VCD version are you using and how old are the images?

Ok, then the initial thought i had won't apply. There was an issue with a few of the latest beta's that could cause that behavior. Which VCD version are you using and how old are the images?

Thank you for your reply. Using VCD 5.5.5.0. The images are several years old, but I've tried backup copies as well as originals. None works.

VCD only uses images, you can't use original discs with it as it's not an optical drive. It simulates one.

Are you saying the originals no longer work either in the optical drive? Could be defective discs. But as to the iso's, maybe @Pete has some more ideas

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I have used this .iso file before with VCD on another computer, so I believe the file is good.

In Windows Explorer, when I right-click on the .iso file and select "Mount", I see

VCD D: followed by the correct, full path to the .iso file.

That is, the .iso file appears to have been mounted correctly. But when I double-click to open the VCD mounted volume (displays the sheep icon), the Win Explorer error message says:

Windows can't access this disc
The disc might be corrupt. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is unformatted, you need to format it before using it.

Suggestions appreciated!
What kind of image is this? DVD? Blu-ray? Audio? Game? Which OS version?

It's an .iso file, not a physical disk of any kind.

These images were made from an original set of discs purchased at retail using AnyDVD.

It's an .iso file, not a physical disk of any kind.

These images were made from an original set of discs purchased at retail using AnyDVD.
What kind of discs? Blu-ray? DVD? Can you create an AnyDVD logfile of such an image?

same issue, it can happen with ISO file, Bluray ISO or any other. even Windows ISO's

I have windows 10

Last edited:
Back