• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

5.5.0.0 Images permenantly locked by System after ejecting

EchoReaper

My operating system is Windows 10 64-bit (latest version). If I try to move/rename/delete an iso/etc file that I had previously mounted with Virtual CloneDrive and ejected, I get the Windows error:

"The action can't be completed because the file is open in System"

I've tried various programs that unlock files, but none of them work, and the only way to unlock the file is to reboot -- this is pretty annoying. This has happened for all iso files I've ever mounted.

There is an option "Eject unmounts image file" in the VCD settings. It's always worked for me. I don't recall it being enabled by default, however.

There is an option "Eject unmounts image file" in the VCD settings. It's always worked for me. I don't recall it being enabled by default, however.

IMO Eject is a much more intuitive workflow than searching through the context menu for a name that always changes, so this is perfect. I've enabled the setting -- thanks!

IMO Eject is a much more intuitive workflow than searching through the context menu for a name that always changes, so this is perfect. I've enabled the setting -- thanks!

Glad to help and I agree that it's more intuitive. If my memory is correct the post you linked to was a reply James gave before the option was added to VCD.

I have used that "Eject to Unmount" option ... since forever and I never had a locked ISO, ever. ;)
Yes. I do not use version 5.5.0.0 of VCD I use v5.4.7.0. I never found a real reason to update from way back when I was using Windows XP and 7. However, I did update my ElbyCDIO.sys file to patch the security issue, BTW...

Back