• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyReader

Jarrad Welsh

Has anyone tried this program called AnyReader?
http://www.essentialdatatools.com/support/faq/data-medium-reading.html

I'm trying it now to copy a difficult disc called Wrath of the Titans.
DVDFab 10.0.51 and AnyDVD 8.1.7.10 never seem to go past 5% and AnyReader 3.18 went past it when creating an ISO on setting no. 2 quality data recovery.
I've tried changing the location of the saved blu-ray but doesn't make a difference, i.e. external or internal HDD's.
Tried ripping the disc with both DVDFab 10.0.51 and AnyDVD 8.1.7.10 to folder. Haven't tested creating ISO.
Both DVDFab 10.0.51 and AnyDVD 8.1.7.10 seem to do the million count thing so it never ends up finishing. DVDFab just continually tries, and AnyDVD just says error reading sectors blah - blah...

Is this due to new copy protection or just my Bluray Drive?

It's a Pioneer BDR-209DBK on the latest firmware 1.34 and the contact lens is cleaned as well, trying to figure out how to get around.....

Wrong section, the ANYDVD Blu-ray issues section is reserved for AnyDVD Blu-ray issues only. Not for discussing multiple third party products and whether they work or not. Topic moved.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Fair enough.

Well to conclude, anyreader worked.
anyreader +1
anydvd -0

Well how about you create a topic for that title in the proper section and start by adding an AnyDVD logfile and explain what's (not) happening. No logfile, nobody can help you. And include the EXACT error message you're getting from AnyDVD.

I don't need to create a topic for this title as it is already in the proper section?

Anyway, testing with AnyDVD 8.1.7.10 again with new movie mockingjay part 2 with aggressive mode turned on. Seems to be pushing thru now. If it fails, I'll log the error and log file here :p

BTW, this program gets past the Screen Pass protection for new blu-ray discs

Not anymore, as I split the post. As to screenpass, AnyDVD can handle that just fine.

Well taking a look at the AnyReader website it gets round the read problem by skipping over the read errors and continuing from the next readable sector and inserting zero's in for the missing parts so the files will be corrupt as you will be missing parts of the files. If you are lucky the corrupt parts will be on files other than the main movie but they will still have parts missing

Last edited:
i am lucky. Anyreader seems to be smashing past any protection and inserting zeros over the protected files on the disc LOL
Strange though how this program pulls thru and anydvd does not for some reason?
it has to be something with the copy protection that's stuffing up anydvd. Because it gets to a point where its at 25% I've hit a bad sector (road block) you can only try again or continue and half the time this does nothing. Whereas with anyreader it keeps constantly retrying the bad sectors and pushes thru to the next sectors hence you get the full disc copy successfully???

can anydvd please incorporate or implement this awesome feature?

It's not a protection issue. Read the topic that was created after your post was moved. https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/read-error.73359/

read errors = defective and/or dirty disc and/or drive. Plain and simple. especially not a protection issue for a title as old as MJ2. We see this on a very regular basis on the forums. That thing only tries the amount of times you tell it to and if it then still fails just skips it and moves on to the next sector it CAN read. Meaning it skips parts of the files/disc and you'll end up with a flawed rip.

For the record, anydvd already can retry/skip sectors. It's just not advised to do so as the outcome will be exactly the same. Flawed rip where the main title, or bonus features may have anything from pixellation issues to complete chapter skipping problems. Take your pick.

Why would anyone want zero's inserted into their video files? As Ch3vr0n said you will end up with pixelation or whole sections of bad video . You'd be better off finding out why you are getting the read errors in the first place.

right so im better off trying to clean the disc or just returning it

OK the weird thing I've noticed with AnyDVD when trying to rip Mockingjay part 2 was that it didnt find any bad sectors to remove whereas anyreader found shitload?

That won't help with read errors on a Blu-ray disc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

That won't help with read errors on a Blu-ray disc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
8.7.1.10 makes PowerDVD report what I assume to basically be read errors.

Last edited:
Back