• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TapeandMedia Verbatim BD-RE DL

I use SSD drives. But people today use TB not MB drives...Your talking 50gb or less. You only store them until you burn them...I don't use a PC to watch movies.
The reason I asked is that at almost 50GB per image [probably a bit less] X 20 == out of space on a 1 TB drive?

U do need a large hard drive to store all the images?

A large harddrive? As in 1? I got 5 internal storage only (1x 1TB, 2x 4TB and 1x 2TB) drives next to my boot SSD of 500GB and i'm still running out of space. Obviously there's other stuff on it too but my point is if you're into the blu-ray world, space "vanishes" rather quickly even on the biggest drives. Blu-rays take up a lot of space going from 25-45GB. Then i've got 3x 2TB external ones and those are pretty full too. One of those 4TB drives has a whopping 214GB free, and one of those external 2TB a massive 32GB :p Current plans are to upgrade that 1TB internal one to another 4TB or even an 8TB one ^^. That said, we're getting off topic. Hope "my" blanks arrive soon :D

@Ch3vr0n I don't think it's that far off topic. As you pointed out, this concept of using BD-RE DL media [or single layer in some cases] [for this purpose] is useful only if U have a tremendous amount of storage even by today's standards.

Once you burn a ISO anyway without protection. You can nuke the ISO as the disc can be read with like Imgburn and another ISO can be made. If you destroy your backup disc then you must start from the original again. In my case HDD playback isn't my thing.

Ditto, i also do a lot of format shifting in combination with plex. I've got lot's of TV shows i collect but it's a hassle to swap discs every time. Thus i've converted them to a mobile format. Setup plex and just stream them "netflix style" to my chromecast from my PC. If you got a couple dozen shows + about just as much seasons per show you need lots of space too. I wouldn't exactly call my storage space "tremendous" :p

Just a heads up, Don't try to order these there will not be any back orders. It's kind of like you snooze you lose. I purchased them all. There is none to be had in the USA unless there is a private seller on Ebay etc. Europe or other parts of the world I can not answer but in the USA supply now dry.

Verbatim and Verbatim CMC to DIFFERENT animals!.

Best Regards, BN

This is a great discussion. However... Why can't some company create BD-R DL for about 2 USD a piece? [Quality included] No one ever asks the question: Why does Verbatim have to charge 45 USD [MicroCenter] for a 10 pack? Seriously. Why not?

EDIT: DVDs came down in price. Why not BDs?

This is a great discussion. However... Why can't some company create BD-R DL for about 2 USD a piece? [Quality included] No one ever asks the question: Why does Verbatim have to charge 45 USD [MicroCenter] for a 10 pack? Seriously. Why not?

EDIT: DVDs came down in price. Why not BDs?

Because BD-R DL I get quality Verbatim at 60USD for 25 pack.

Searching for some, Don't want CMC crap this is the info you need without testing or seeing the discs from the seller.

On the rear lower right of the disc caddy it must have these numbers

Verbatim #97536 1504-203 ( Made in Taiwan ) MID - IM1-000

Verbatim #97536 1010-13 ( Made in Japan ) MID - IM1-000

Good luck!

Perhaps an image will clarify what to look for for users that don't know what to look for. Mark the section ;)

3 new players, 1 new pistol this month and 1 burner...2000USD...That's enough...The old lady wants a new gun now that's another hobby.

How many did you buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered some [more] discs on Monday and received them today (Thursday). :dance:

:thankyou:
where did you order the discs from? If it was the same supplier that supplied Badnews then the boat has sailed but if you ordered from a different supplier then there might be a chance for me.

where did you order the discs from? If it was the same supplier that supplied Badnews then the boat has sailed but if you ordered from a different supplier then there might be a chance for me.

Your around in Oklahoma right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back