• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Finally got my head around the AnyDVD Cinavia Solution - I think!

Blofelds Cat

Okay so, ripping an ISO of 'Cinavia-protected' Blu-ray title will result in the addition of an extra folder in the ripped-disc structure named 'ANY!'.

It is this 'ANY!' folder that contains the necessary files that does the 'magic' when the ISO is played in a software player such as PowerDVD (even if AnyDVD is not actually installed on the host computer).

Is the above summation correct?

It is this 'ANY!' folder that contains the necessary files that does the 'magic' when the ISO is played in a software player such as PowerDVD (even if AnyDVD is not actually installed on the host computer).
Is the above summation correct?

No, nothing is changed regarding Cinavia on any of the folders/files. When running AnyDVD with the "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" box checked in the settings, AnyDVD stop's the PC software player such as PowerDVD from detecting Cinavia.

AnyDVD has to be running on the PC doing the playback to do this.

The ANY! is just the renamed decypted original AACS folder, it can be deleted if you wanted.

No, nothing is changed regarding Cinavia on any of the folders/files. When running AnyDVD with the "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" box checked in the settings, AnyDVD stop's the PC software player such as PowerDVD from detecting Cinavia.

AnyDVD has to be running on the PC doing the playback to do this.

The ANY! is just the renamed decypted original AACS folder, it can be deleted if you wanted.

I see!

Only I just ran a test on an HTPC that didn't have AnyDVD installed.

I played an AnyDVD-made ISO of The Adventures of Tintin (3D version), mounted with Virtual CloneDrive and played through PowerDVD 16, and it played for over an hour (before I stopped playback) without the 'DTS-HD Master Audio' track being muted or the appearance of any other 'Cinavia'-related error messages.

Given that Tintin is a confirmed 'Cinavia' title, coupled with the absence of AnyDVD, I had expected PowerDVD to react with a playback error of some kind.

I've done quite a bit of research on the PowerDVD/Cinavia issue and all the info I've read to date says that I should not have been able to play this ISO in PowerDVD v16 without AnyDVD installed.

This is damnably curious.

EDIT: just remembered that I played the ISO off an 'external' HDD; seem to recall reading somewhere that PowerDVD might not 'check' for Cinavia in such a scenario...

Last edited:
This is damnably curious.

Yes it is, PowerDVD did have some scenarios where it doesn't check for Cinavia, I forget exactly what ones though or perhaps the disc doesn't have Cinavia, possibly a different region to the confirmed one maybe. You could try playing the disc in CloneBD preview player for a couple of minutes, it will tell you if Cinavia is present (it's free for this use)

It definitely isn't something AnyDVD has done though, if the disc had Cinavia, it ISO image still has it.

Yes it is, PowerDVD did have some scenarios where it doesn't check for Cinavia, I forget exactly what ones though or perhaps the disc doesn't have Cinavia, possibly a different region to the confirmed one maybe. You could try playing the disc in CloneBD preview player for a couple of minutes, it will tell you if Cinavia is present (it's free for this use)

It definitely isn't something AnyDVD has done though, if the disc had Cinavia, it ISO image still has it.

After running the original BD disc through CloneBD, it appears that the Tintin Blu-ray is not Cinavia 'infected' after all, despite the title being listed among the 'confirmed' Cinavia BD titles on a coupla sites.

Here in Australia, distributors have a tendency not to include helpful icons - such as 'Cinavia Copy Protection - on sleeves; a time-honoured tradition that goes all the way back to the earliest days of VHS, where most distributors didn't think it worthwhile to mention, on sleeves, that a title had been remastered, had a hi-fi stereo soundrack, or was 'Dolby Surround' encoded.

Thanks, though, ddjmagic for your helpful advice.

Back