• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

main movie is only commentary

lfp2

Recently it seems that I cant play the main movie. It only plays the commentary. I look for how to select main movie not commentary but it doesn't make any difference it still plays the commentary only. looks like this is a reply not a new post but I don't see how to do it differently.

Last edited:
Clonedvd only plays commentary not the main movie. If I click on "play main movie" the commentary comes up instead. Any ideas? :(
You mean the burned copy? CloneDVD does not play DVDs but it has a little preview box. This could happen if you removed all audio besides commentary I guess.

Recently it seems that I cant play the main movie. It only plays the commentary. I look for how to select main movie not commentary but it doesn't make any difference it still plays the commentary only. looks like this is a reply not a new post but I don't see how to do it differently.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

7. Why am I only getting Director's comments or having other audio related issues with my backup? (click the link and read fully)

I guess I own it

After I have burned with clonedvd the dvd when play the copy on my dvd player it only plays the commentary. Until recently I have been able to play the main movie.

lfp2

Trouble with directors comments

I'll try to explain more fully. I put a dvd in the computer click on clonedvd. I have previously selected the preferences in anydvd. I clone all the files so the main movie should be on the copy. when I try to play the copy it only plays the directors comment version. Up until recently this was not a problem It says it is playing the main movie but is only playing the directors version/ FAQ didn't cover this that I could find

Hope this clears things up

lfp2

FAQ didn't cover this that I could find

Yes, it does. You backed up the wrong audio selection in Clonedvd. Read that link again.

You backed up the audio of the director's commentary, which was likely 2-channel audio.
You need to back up the audio for the main movie.

Read the link again.

Last edited:
About:I cant play main movie

I went to the faq above and read the excellent explanation. I think I am like most people who copy a movie. I want it for playing it one time. Most are not worth more than that. The quality of the movie is nice but I am not interested in spending 1.85 for a move I will watch one time. If that 19 cent DVDfrom Fry's works that's good enough for me. For some special movies yes the full treatment is preferable and I intend to do that for a few favorite movies. I really appreciate the opportunity to learn how to do it. I'd like to see just how much difference it makes to do best quality compared to a quick copy with a GQ disk. But later. I feel most non-technical people like me are about the same. We just want to see a movie. Thanks all for your help. I suppose the problem was not selecting the right sound track. But I just play it on a 2 track stereo. I cant use more than two. If I record 4 channels I might just get the two my stereo is not connected to. I think this must have happened because at times I did not get the English soundtrack. Thanks again.

Back