• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

just a general ?

visionjinx

i was thinking about getting this clonedvd (i have shrink now) shrink is very easy to back up the files to your computer does clonedvd have this option?? i back up with shrink and burn with nero. i like to back up everything on my computer (meaning the whole movie shrunk to size) just wondering if this program does this also.. thanks for any help...:confused: :confused:

i was thinking about getting this clonedvd (i have shrink now) shrink is very easy to back up the files to your computer does clonedvd have this option?? i back up with shrink and burn with nero. i like to back up everything on my computer (meaning the whole movie shrunk to size) just wondering if this program does this also.. thanks for any help...:confused: :confused:
CloneDVD can rip the DVD to your HDD.

Hey visionjinx,
You deserve a much better response than you've got from the previous poster. Sorry, he just likes to rack up posts.
The combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 will do everything you need much better than Shrink alone. Even better than Shrink with AnyDVD.
While both will decrypt and compress to fit a standard DVD 5, AnyDVD and Clone DVD 2 will also handle all the techniques used by some studios to thwart back-ups.
The products are updated constantly (for free & for life) and provide the newest decryption tools available anywhere.
Try backing-up Saw 3 with Shrink! You'll find you will not be able to.
Download them for a free trial and I'm sure you'll be extremely satisfied.
Hope this helps,
Brad

Hey visionjinx,
You deserve a much better response than you've got from the previous poster. Sorry, he just likes to rack up posts.
The combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 will do everything you need much better than Shrink alone. Even better than Shrink with AnyDVD.
While both will decrypt and compress to fit a standard DVD 5, AnyDVD and Clone DVD 2 will also handle all the techniques used by some studios to thwart back-ups.
The products are updated constantly (for free & for life) and provide the newest decryption tools available anywhere.
Try backing-up Saw 3 with Shrink! You'll find you will not be able to.
Download them for a free trial and I'm sure you'll be extremely satisfied.
Hope this helps,
Brad
I answered his question.

clonedvd

i was a big fan of dvd shrink for a long time and because i am old and set in my ways i spent many hours finding ways to backup my movies but finally i broke down and bought clonedvd and anydvd and have not had anymore trouble backing up my dvds clonedvd does backup to the hd and i have learned not to delete those files until i have watched the backup sometimes you do get a bum disc that wont play and you have to make another and because its on the hd you don't:clap: have to go thru the whole procedure again which goes to show sometimes wisdom does come with age and sometimes not.

CloneDVD has the ability to output DVD files or ISO to your harddrive.
Give it a test drive. The 21 day evaluation period is free, and full featured. :)

just tried it on the free download. works pretty good. the only problem i have is the quaility is a little less (how can i fix this?) but all in all it is a good program and i will get it after the trial period. as far as the quality question i just did open season and it seems a little fuzzy sometimes (like when you record a big program off of a dvd recorder hooked up to your tv) is there an option to make it better and still fit on a single layer disc???? i know dual layer is the way to go (but WAY too pricey). thanks for all the help guys & gals.:)

just tried it on the free download. works pretty good. the only problem i have is the quaility is a little less (how can i fix this?) but all in all it is a good program and i will get it after the trial period. as far as the quality question i just did open season and it seems a little fuzzy sometimes (like when you record a big program off of a dvd recorder hooked up to your tv) is there an option to make it better and still fit on a single layer disc???? i know dual layer is the way to go (but WAY too pricey). thanks for all the help guys & gals.:)

use clonedvd to rip to HDD and use shrink to, erm, shrink it :D , i'm sure that what james has said previously (or something like it)

You have a couple of options:

1) If you prefer the quality of Shrink's transcoder output, use Clonedvd2 to rip to your hard drive (set the quality box to "dvd+/-r dl so there's no compression) with Anydvd running in the background--and then load that rip in Shrink to transcode. Clonedvd2's transcoder is faster than Shrink, but Shrink will produce better quality output (especially at higher compression levels) at the cost of a much longer transcoding time.

2) Use the scissor icon in Clonedvd2 to split the movie across two single layer discs. You can aslo retain the menus over split discs, which will ensure there's no quality loss (provided you cut so that the quality bar remains at 100%). You cannot retain menus over split discs in Shrink.

Last edited:

Please do not insult other posters (especially if they are just trying to help solve a problem). If you're upset abut something, PM me or another mod. Thank you

Last edited:
thanks for all the help im trying it right now.(i put dvd +/- r dl and it took it 100% and selected dvd files to save on my g drive) is this all i have to do? and if any body uses shrink can you tell me how to load that file to shrink?? thanks again this has been very helpfull

thanks for all the help im trying it right now.(i put dvd +/- r dl and it took it 100% and selected dvd files to save on my g drive) is this all i have to do?

Yep. Make sure you aren't selecting your dvd burner for the output method.

and if any body uses shrink can you tell me how to load that file to shrink?? thanks again this has been very helpfull

You would click "open files" in Shrink, and select the folder you ripped the video files to using Clonedvd2.

Last edited:
i was thinking about getting this clonedvd (i have shrink now) shrink is very easy to back up the files to your computer does clonedvd have this option?? i back up with shrink and burn with nero.

If you want to eliminate steps, just have Anydvd running on your toolbar, and import the original disc directly into Nero Recode. The author of Shrink went on to help develop Nero Reocde. The transcoder quality of both programs are almost identical (however, Recode tends to be faster); in fact, I find, in some cases, there may a very slight advantage in PQ to using Recode (but very slight). The features of both Shrink and Recode are similar. Since you own Nero, you likely own Nero Recode as well.

You can also just have anydvd running on your toolbar, and import the original disc directly into Shrink.

If you have problems using these methods (that are related to copyprotection issues with Anydvd)--rip first with Clonedvd2 and import that rip into whatever you want.

Last edited:
worked like a charm except it was still too big to fit on single layer i had to pull out the main movie only, but the quality is perfect..

worked like a charm except it was still too big to fit on single layer

That's because Clonedvd2 didn't compress or "shrink' anything when you selected "dvd+/-r DL". Using the method you chose, Shrink still needs to compress the video. There's no point having Clonedvd2 compress the video if you still want to use Shrink or Recode to take advantage of the better picture quality their respective transcoders can produce (at the cost of a longer transcoding time).

i had to pull out the main movie only, but the quality is perfect..

I'm glad you're happy.

Last edited:
You have a couple of options:

1) If you prefer the quality of Shrink's transcoder output, use Clonedvd2 to rip to your hard drive (set the quality box to "dvd+/-r dl so there's no compression) with Anydvd running in the background--and then load that rip in Shrink to transcode. Clonedvd2's transcoder is faster than Shrink, but Shrink will produce better quality output (especially at higher compression levels) at the cost of a much longer transcoding time.

2) Use the scissor icon in Clonedvd2 to split the movie across two single layer discs. You can aslo retain the menus over split discs, which will ensure there's no quality loss (provided you cut so that the quality bar remains at 100%). You cannot retain menus over split discs in Shrink.

Open Season is a very good candidate for option 2. The main movie with menus fits on DVD5 without any compression. Second disk could contain extras with menus.

Webslinger, you stated "Make sure you aren't selecting your dvd burner for the output method" and that is directly what I was wondering about. That option does not work for me. Is this a common problem. This is my first post here and I am still browsing the forums. So yes I am a "newb" ,here anyway, please be kind if this is a known issue that I do not know yet.

Webslinger, you stated "Make sure you aren't selecting your dvd burner for the output method" and that is directly what I was wondering about. That option does not work for me. Is this a common problem. This is my first post here and I am still browsing the forums. So yes I am a "newb" ,here anyway, please be kind if this is a known issue that I do not know yet.

:confused:

For the output method, you can choose "dvd files", iso/udf image", or "DVD writer". What problem are you having exactly? To get to that screen you must have imported the original movie already in Clonedvd2.

Back